Chapter 15

This morning the professor called an assembly so I quickly got dressed into a mustard and white stripped jumper with some light blue skinny jeans that had rips at the knee. I then paired it with some white trainers, a white bag and a gold necklace.

Once I got to the assembly room, I saw all my friends already seated so I went and sat in between Warren and John with near the wall

Once I got to the assembly room, I saw all my friends already seated so I went and sat in between Warren and John with near the wall. I looked out of the windows that lined the wall to see what was outside until everyone else arrived.

I am a lover of the autumn, of the colours that are bold and homely, strong and yet a call to remember our Earth and all she gives in the harvest months. I could let my eyes soak in those scarlet maple-hands and the golden leaves that create more beauty than I'd ever dare ask for. It is the season of inner calm and a kindly stoicism etched in memories of joy. The flamboyant colours of the summer flowers below are soon echoed by the foliage above. It is a second chance to bloom, for the green to glow with new hues as pretty as any petal. It is the promise of the most beautiful rain, the warmest of snowflakes, golds and berry-reds under glossy water, sparkling under morning frost. It is those days before nature stands devoid of adornments and is breathtakingly beautiful just the same. The leaves dance from branch to ground, each a colourful flag without strings or pole, free to roam. I feel the breeze, rich with the aroma of the earth, the keeper of the seeds for the springtime to come. There is a calmness, as if all the gold, berry-reds and browns that flutter about are a cozy quilt, bringing us the same peace as the nighttime.

Just as I was starting to really absorb the world outside the professor cleared his throat at the front of the room that silenced all the chatter in the room.
"You may all be wondering why I called you in here. It's to let all of you know that professor Logan will be returning in a next week to teach all of you self defence along with his normal history classes. The avengers will also be joining him and helping in self defence, gym and some other classes that they have knowledge on like Dr Banner will be helping in science along with Mr Stark who will also help in maths. They will all be scattered throughout classes so you will probably have a class with at least one of them. They will be here for a month or two and mat even stay longer but that will only be if you all make a good impression. Classes will continue as normal. Now you all know, head off to breakfast and have a nice weekend."

Chatter instantly erupted again and if anything, it was twice as loud now. It didn't really bother me. I remember Kitty talking about them to me and Jean and saying they all were soulmates to each other which I thought was really cool. I used to think I was the only one with a bunch of soulmates but apparently not anymore. Everyone had left by now but I stayed sitting in my seat staring out the window. I remember Jean saying there was 14 of them all soulmates to each other and they were looking for one more person. They don't know how old they are and Jean didn't know if they were a boy or girl as Logan didn't say.

14 soulmates. Looking for 1.

It hit me like a truck. I have 14 soulmate marks. I haven't met any of them. Could I be who they are looking for? I couldn't be, surely.

I instantly raced upstairs to look more into the avengers before I had to go to work. It was in those two hours that my whole world shattered.  I had Steve's shield on my collar bone and Thor's hammer and Loki's helmet and everyone else's marks on my body.

Fear rattled throughout my body and my bones trembled with anxiety. I don't know if I could fall in love with someone let alone even trust them. Everyone I care about leaves me or gets taken away from me. Males have ruled over my life for years and have tossed me aside at their first opportunities. They've abused me, experimented on me and used me for my feminine features. My mind instantly goes to the worst case scenario. What if they reject me? What if they think I'm ugly, or too fat, or too quiet, or too introverted. What if they use me as well? What if they hurt me? What if I hurt them? I'd never be able to live with myself i hurt one of them. I know from Jean that they've been looking for me but what if they're disappointed with what they find. I'm just me. There's not a lot to me. I come with a lot of baggage ranging from my childhood, to experiments, to my trust issues, to my mental health and then lastly, to my powers. I'm too strong for my own good. I can control my powers without even thinking now but I could destroy the world in the blink of an eye if I chose to. I'm a danger to them and they're a danger to me. I can't trust them. I don't know them and they don't know me.

My day dragged out as I went to work at the shelter. The wild horse was out in the field when I got there. Sleek beauties, muscles that roll underneath the supple coat that hangs majestically on the frame. A flowing mane that unfurls and whips as the wind calls it, feet that pound the ground, a natural canter. The quivering of the haunches as they rocked forward, a toss of the head and the eyes rolling backward - big, genuine eyes that saw through and with you.
So is the horse - who founded exploration on his burly shoulders. It took all day working with him to get him to trust me and eat. I decided to call him dusk as he reminded me of a pitch black night but he has smouldering brown eyes that give a feeling of warmth and comfort. He gained trust in me just as I gained trust in him to the point where he even let me brush out his fur which seems like such a small thing but was a massive gesture of trust from him.

The owner of the shelter says I have a real connection to animals so she always assignees me with the new or nervous animals

The owner of the shelter says I have a real connection to animals so she always assignees me with the new or nervous animals. Little does she know that the reason that animals trust me and we bond easily is because I can transform into felines and my empathy enables me to give them a sense of calmness, security and love.

My job allowed me to forget my problems for a little while but they came back. Distractions are only temporary. At some point you have to go back to the problem at hand and that time is right now. When I'm sitting in my room drawing. I decided to try and draw what I'm feeling as I thought that that might help me come to terms with my possible soulmate situation but that quickly went out the window when it only made me feel even more scared and anxious. So I went to the studio and ended up dancing the night away until the sun sparkled off the lake and through the window. That was my alarm to head back to work.