Days 2-5 (because I was lazy and didn't do them)

This time it's written, pretty terribly. 

May contain triggers. Not r*pe or anything like that, but more hallucinations and stuff. Don't know if this counts as TW or CW

NOTE: This whump has a kinda major spoilers mentioned in passing for when (not if) I put the book up on Wattpad. You are now warned in advance. Please proceed.

Julio:

Time seemed to slow as the figure hurled something toward the barrels we were hiding behind. Then they exploded with a whump sound.

Smoke curled through the air as Rem's remaining troops scattered and bolted for the exit. Along a dark passage we ran, and stopped only in a cavern, lit dimly by the ever-present phosphorescent minerals, like thick veins roping through a rocky skin. I counted the group, frowned, and counted again. Still the number came up one short. I looked around, searching for the missing person, when my mind caught up with events.

"Where's the General?" I asked. Others looked around curiously, but I was already making my way back down the corridor to the place from where we had fled.

I heard a pattering of boots as I slowed, groping along the wall for the opening. One of the younger survivors caught up with me with a turn of impressive speed. We made our way into the smoky storage chamber, barely able to see. By the time we located the unconscious Rem, both of us were coughing. Between us, we managed to lift him - her. She was surprisingly light for one so tall.

Back in the place of our temporary refuge, Rem had been propped carefully up against a wall, talking to herself. Everyone hung around her in a circle, awkwardly trying to decide what to do in the army's strange creole that had words from all seasons except Wintertide, but it was clear that they shouldn't touch her. It felt almost like invading a private moment as she continued to babble on deliriously.
***

Rem:

Fire.

My sister's screams from the upper floor as she burnt.

Father trying to get me out of the house to wait with Mother. The burns on my face beginning to throb.

Looking back one last time.

Being pushed out of the way as a beam collapsed.

Standing still as I saw Father being crushed to death.

Mother pulling me out of the door.

Watching my home disintegrate in showers of sparks.

The pain.

The fire.

***

Watching Father. Being called nearer.

Reaching out.

Try to take his hand.

Father disappears.

No.

Come back.

Shadows in his place.

Taking my hand and sucking me in.

Screaming.

Come back.

***

"What are you doing?" Someone asks. I open my eyes.

Shadows everywhere.

Fallen comrades. Fallen family.

Trying to suck me in.

No.

They cannot get me.

I am Remi, named for the goddess of darkness. I am Rem, named for the god of stars. I am two as one.

They cannot get me.

Back away into a corner. No one can get you there.

Whispering in shadow-language.

What are they saying?

General, what are you doing.

General.

General.

That is right. I am a General. I am a leader. I command thousands.

I have a sword. Now it is a shadow, spinning around my arm. They have my sword, spinning it in their shadow hands. They hold me at sword point. This is how I die.

Killed with my own sword.

That's ironic.

I'm ready to die.

Waiting.

Rem.

I pause. 

No.

I can't die yet.

I look at one.

Rem.

General, what's happening to you.

General, calm down.

Do not listen. Do not trust them.

Trust no one.

Trust yourself.

But which self?

Rem. A merciless leader of thousands. Ready to kill. A mindless slaughterer.

Remi. A sister. A daughter. A laughing girl.

Which one.

Which one.

Which one which one whichone whichonewhichonewhichonewhichone

Trust no one.

Do not listen.

Trust no one.

Trust no one.

They're coming for you.

Look out, one says.

Yes. Look out.

I am Remi and Rem, a sister and a general, and I will fight.

Hold 'is arms down, one says.

I raise my arms.

I have lived defiantly.

This is how I will die.

I trust no one.

I am Remi and I am Rem, I was too late to save them, and now they shall have revenge.

Come and get me, if you dare, shadows.