Meetings

The team had gotten everything ready for Christmas along with having figured out what to do with two full teams visiting as well before they even arrived. During that whole thing, Nike had been trying to figure out how to avoid three bots in particular without messing things up for Renegade. "You still have to figure out how to avoid my folks even though you have to interact with them while they are here?" Renegade asked. "Yup but at this point I gave up trying to figure out something," Nike said putting her work jacket on. "But are you going to let them know about you being Nightshard?" Ren asked with a knowing smile. "Most likely not because I don't want to dig up old memories," Nike said. 

Renegade and Nike went on patrol to pass the time till the other teams arrived. 'Renegade and Nike, are you guys there? ' Cody said through the comms. "We're here Cody what's up?" Nike asked. 'The visiting teams are about to arrive so can you guys head over to the docks and meet the rest of us there,' Cody said. Renegade knew that he had to face the drummer and Nike had to face her past. "You going to be okay?" Renegade asked knowing that Nike zoned out just now. "I'm going to be ok but let us just focus on one thing at a time," Nike said. When they arrived at the dock, they saw that the rest of the rescue team had just gotten there before them and all of them saw how they were acting. "You still don't want to face your past Shay?" Heatwave asked with a knowing smile. "What do you think Heat?" Nike said back as she stood next to Renegade and Ridge.

While on the ferry, Wheeljack had a weird feeling like something was going to happen but couldn't think of something. "What are you thinking about Wheeljack?" Ultra Magnus asked him. "Nothing in particular but I do have a weird feeling like something is going to happen," Wheeljack said back. The rest of the bots who fought alongside him during the war knew that Wheeljack was most likely thinking about the memories of those he had lost during the war. "Who else is excited to see Ratchet again after he joined the rescue team?" Smokescreen said with a smile even if no one else could see it since the bots were in v-mode. Everyone was excited to see new bots on a team they hadn't met before even though they knew Ratchet well. "So who was the Rescue Team?" Miko asked. "The Rescue Force was an organization of Cybertronians that were trained to do rescues but before the war started they were slaughtered by the Cons," Ultra Magnus said. "Though one did survive and fought with the  Autobot though she died halfway through the war," Wheeljack said remembering Nightshard who brought a smile to everyone who met her. The humans knew that was a sour topic for Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead, and Wheeljack but the bots that had met Nightshard knew she was also a sour topic for Ratchet as well.

When the ferry arrived at the docks of Griffen Rock, they all felt the boat get stuck before stalling. One thing that they noticed was that a group started to head toward them and they realized that the rescue team was waiting for them at the docks. "Those are bots actual bots," Miko said looking over at Blades transforming to head over to the ferry. Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack, and Strongarm saw Renegade working with a human and another bot which resulted in Strongarm getting mad at her brother for choosing to turn away from the Elite Guard. "Who is partnered up with Renegade?" Ultra Magnus asked seeing how his son worked hand in hand with his team. "That's Nike and Ridge both of them have been working with him since they joined the team six months ago," Bee said remembering how well those three worked together when he visited when they joined. The rescue team figured out how to free the ferry from the ice without anyone falling overboard which was a relief for everyone involved both the rescue team and the people on the ferry. When they got off the ferry, the rescue team stood by the docks after getting back to shore waiting for them.

"It's nice to see you again Renegade," Ultra Magnus said when he saw Renegade after transforming into his bipedal form. "Hi Sire it's been a while," Renegade said back with a small smile knowing that he had to face his family over his choice to become a rescue bot. Nike looked between her old friend and Ultra Magnus but knew that she had to keep her head down for now. Everyone introduced themselves and Wheeljack saw that Nike had a very similar personality to his old friend. "What can we expect while we're here?" Smokescreen asked and the rescue team laughed knowing that anything could happen considering that it's Griffen Rock. "You know the concept of Murphy's Law?" Nike asked the visiting teams. They said yes so Nike told them that it applies to the town times ten because of how chaotic things could get on the island. The visiting teams now have an idea of how things could get while they're there for the holidays.