Chapter 12 - Have to be strong cuz I'm a girl

Начните с самого начала

"He went for meeting a friend of his. He said it will take 2 hours or more. You are safe for now."

She sat me down on the bed and tied my hair into a bun. She gasped when she saw my back

"Isabella! His beatings are worsening day by day! We can't just sit back and do nothing about it."

She took me to the mirror and turned me around. I turned my head towards the mirror and saw something which I have seen so many times yet not gotten used to.

The beatings were so harsh that my t-shirt had torn at several spots and had dry blood on them.

Mrs. Doris quickly grabbed a first aid kit and dressed my wound.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Doris. I don't know what I would have done without you."

She placed her palm on my cheeks and gently rubbed it. "You now that I will always be here for you, right?" I nodded.

I wore a loose t-shirt so that it doesn't bother my wound much. I paired it with a black ripped jeans.

I bet I look like a sack of rotten potato

I reached school exactly at 7:55. The minute I got out of my car, I saw Dave leaning against his car in the parking lot.

Alone.

I didn't know how I felt. I should have been angry on him.

For coming to my house and giving my step father a reason to hit me.

For trying to be my friend and making those photos reach my step father.

But I don't think so.

I wasn't angry at the very least. If anything I was happy to see him. He is the reason why I forgot about all the miseries of my life yesterday.

It wasn't his fault that he didn't know my father is a sadist and hates me for everything I do. If anything, he was trying to lift up my mood.

One way or the other, he would have anyways found another reason to beat me up. This is not about Dave at all.

I looked at him and smiled. He came towards me and this time I didn't move back. I started to move towards him.

"Hey, baby girl." He gave me quick unprofessional salute and I chuckled at his actions. He was wearing blue denim jeans with white T-shirt paired with a black leather jacket.

Hi hot stuff.

"Hi!" I said in an excited tone. Okay, okay, a simple 'hi' is not something you get excited over. Calm the fuck down, Isabella.

"What is your first class?"

I rolled my eyes when I realized what it was."Physics," I said, whining.

"Good. Mine too." he chuckled.

We went inside the school building together.

Was he waiting for me? Oh my god! Dave-Freaking-Anderson was waiting for me!!

Zack came out of nowhere from behind and gave me a pat at the back.

I squeezed my eyes shut and hissed in pain. Dave gave me a concerned and worried look "Shit! Are you fine? What happened?"

He asked whilst placing a hand on my back. The pain increased further and I arched my back. I jerked their hands off and moved such that I came face to face with them.

"I-It's nothing. Nothing at all. I fell from the stairs yesterday. You know, I am very clumsy, right?" I said as a matter of fact making it sound as realistic as possible.

Dave chuckled and said "Yeah. I saw that yesterday. You should be careful, Bella."

"Gosh. Don't keep falling and breaking. You are so thin, I am afraid you will break the minute someone pushes you on the floor." Zack said and they both started laughing.

"I am not that easy to break, Zack. I have always been strong. You don't know anything." Tears started to get welled up in my eyes and couldn't control them.

Memories of my step-father came flooding back when he tried to break me by calling my names and blaming me for my dad's death. He often tried to hurt me by pushing me to the floor and placing his foot on my neck to chock me. But I got through all of that.

I am strong.

I have to be. I am a girl.

You are daddy's strong princess. That's what my dad always used to say.

I knew Dave noticed my tears threatening to fall any time so I excused myself saying that I need my books from the locker.

I went to the locker area and there was hardly anyone because the classes were going to start in 10 minutes. I went to the extreme end and hid myself behind the locker.

Why am I so weak? Why can't I defend myself? Why am I so pathetic?

I started to cry and kept sobbing. I lost track of time and I guess, after 10 minutes I heard footsteps coming towards me but I ignored it.

They wouldn't come till here. I tried to squeeze myself as much as possible in that small space.

Soon, I saw two pair of legs in front of me and when I looked up I saw,

Evan.

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

*

*

*

*

Name the stars as you like.

On a scale of 1-10, how much would you rate the chapter?

Random question: What the song you have been humming lately?