Chapter 1: Running Away

Rosa POV

It was 5 a.m.
And I was dodging the brute's kick.

"Rose! Stay focused!!"

Dad was as strict as ever. But it was so early.

"He doesn't need all my attention, I'm so sleepy and this guy is boring."

My little brother shot me a raged look. I might have gone too far but I wanted to go back to sleep!

Remy was not fazed by my words. He focused on my moves and tried to find a breach.

He won't. I was good at that.

He aimed his punch towards my liver but I blocked him quite easily. I didn't want to hurt him but I was really tired. So I high kicked his jaw and he fell backward.

"Shit!"

I couldn't count how many times he swore this week.
Dad came rushing by his side and briefed him.
I was heading back to my room for the break but I got stopped.

"Rose! Come here."

I know why he called me. Surely complain about my behavior.

"I know, I'll focus more-"

"You know you should but it wasn't about that."

I looked at him quite puzzled. Then why.

"You need to go to school."

Wait. No, I didn't want to. I wasn't ready. My heart wasn't ready.

"I don't want-"

"I'm not giving you a choice here. Wrap this up nicely unless you want to repeat your senior year?"

I was stubborn. I will pass, why was he doubting my ability.

"I was never absent before and my marks were good so I should be alright!"

He sighed. He didn't want to argue but he wasn't letting go.

"Rose it had been a month that you had been skipping to help your little brother."

A month won't hold me back from having my diploma.

"It will!"

Did he just read my thoughts?

"Yes, I did?"

"How ?"

"Wouldn't I know my own flesh."

Dad was right if this continue I won't have a grade for this semester.
I went to my baby brother and threw him the water bottle. He caught it with ease.

"Try to aim for my legs. You're short and you could use that to your advantage."

He smiled and I left.

I needed a warm shower now.

I got into my room and slammed my door close. I leaned my back against it and closed my eyes.

I didn't want to go back to school, I wasn't ready.

How could I after getting rejected like that? It had exactly been a month since I got rejected.

Did I have to face him? That was humiliating. I waited so much for that but he rejected me at first sight. Didn't he know who I was?

He could take it back right. I didn't know, who rejects their mate nowadays? No ones. So why did it have to be me?

That guy was sinfully gorgeous. He is mine. Was mine. Like I cared anyway.

I took off my leggings and my sports bra. I advanced to the mirror and looked at my body. He could not have rejected me for my body. I was beyond perfection itself.