"Wait. Are you serious? But Milady-"

You suddenly interrupted her when you placed your hand over her mouth. "I am serious. I don't want to keep you away from Larcade. I know how much you love him. Now go to him while you have the chance."

You smiled at her to reassure her that you would be fine without her. You felt guilty for keeping her away from Larcade, so you were kind enough to let her go to the man she loved.

"But-"

You interrupted her again when you smiled at her gently. You then handed a small lacrima crystal you enchanted to find Larcade easier. "No buts. Take this and find him, Christa. That is my last order to you." You sensed how happy she was when you were letting go of her. After everything you've been through, you felt she deserved to reunite with the man she loved.

"I- Thank you, Y/n. You are a kind person." She bowed her head before taking the lacrima crystal as she held it close to her chest. You quietly grabbed her bag and gave it to her as well as your cloak. "Be careful, Christa. I'll see you on the other side of this war." You continued to smile until you were taken aback when Christa wrapped her arms around you tightly.

"I'll see you on the other side, Y/n." When she pulled away from you, your gut was telling you to hold her back for a little longer. When you watched her leave your sight, that distressed feeling had never gone away for the rest of the night.

Little did you know that was going to be the last time you would ever see Christa again. 

~•~

In the distance, Christa could see Sorano, Yukino, and Larcade fight one another. The closer she got, the more rage could feel from Larcade. She could sense the anger and rage of several lives that lost throughout the battle. She was thankful you were able to give her your cloak to hide from anyone. As she grew closer, she noticed Sorano and Yukino were caught by Larcade's spell. 

In the nick of time, Christa summoned many large roots to build a wall between Larcade and the girls. With that, the ground began to shake under her feet as she continued running. "Trembling Earth!" Christa yelled as the ground broke beneath her feet, gathering various tree roots to catch Larcade.

Once the roots encircled Larcade, Christa placed her hand on the roots to look at Larcade in the eye. Christa could see how confused he was by the way she reacted towards him. "Christa. Let me out. I have to avenge our troops. Because of them, they are causing the empire to suffer." Instead, Christa smiled serenely at the male before shaking her head.

"This fight has been going on for too long. Let me deal with them. Y/n had let me go, Larcade. We can escape this together. Let me handle this... for our sake."

Christa spoke before turning her back on Larcade to negotiate with both Sorano and Yukino. It was the only thing she could do to make sure that both sides wouldn't fight with each other. It was the least she could do to leave this war alive. All she came for was Larcade, and she was determined to bring him with her. All she wished was a life of peace with the man she loved.

"You! What the hell are you thinking?! How dare you interrupt our fight!" 

Sorano shouted, pointing at the brunette only to be held back by Sorano's younger sister. "Are you sure you would want to fight one of the Spriggan 12? You're either brave or stupid to mock him."