Run Away

Callies P.O.V.

As I get ready for school I hear moms call all of down to the living room.

Well all go down there and we all sit down

"What's up?" Mariana asks.

"I wanted to ask you guys about us adopting Marie." Mama said.

"Yes!" Brandon said.

"Totally!" Jesus said.

"Definitely!" Mariana said.

"Yes. We have room for one more." I said.

I noticed jude was quiet. He's been quiet for a few days now. The last time he was quiet was when connor moved away. Connor is his boyfriend.

"You okay, jude?" Mom asks.

Jude doesn't say anything, I just see him nod yes and leave.

We all gather in the kitchen for breakfast and talk about the day.

"Here's the keys, B." Mom said, tossing the keys to Brandon.

"Alright time for school. Dont be late!" Mama said.

We all get in the car and go to school. I walk with Brandon to our first class,  English with Timothy. Timothy is an awesome teacher. He's cute too.

"Hey, what's going on with jude?" I ask Brandon.

"Not sure. He's been quiet for a few days now. " Brandon said.

"Maybe mama can talk to him."

Jude's P.O.V.

I know what you're thinking. I'm jealous cus I'm not the youngest anymore. Well I am....sorta. I'm jealous that Marie gets her own room and I don't. I don't want her adopted. She's nice and all but it's not fair. I thought this was supposed to be temporary but I guess I was wrong.  Oh well.

I go to my first class, algebra and I see my best friend,  Taylor. Even I didn't talk to her. I just kept to myself.

"Jude, you ok?" Taylor asks me.

I just give a nod and a smile.

"Uh...ok then." She said.

I just feel like they rushed into this. Me and callie weren't adopted til months later. And shes been here a few days. Ugh.

Lena's P.O.V.

"Okay, here's your class, Marie. You know where my office is. If you have any problems come find me, ok?" I said.

"Okay. Thank you, lena." Marie said.

I watch Marie go in her class and I head back to my office when I see jude with his teacher. Oh no.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask.

"Talk to your mama, jude." The teacher said and left.

I go in my office with him and sit down and look at him.

"What's going on, baby? You've been quiet lately."

Jude just shrugs. I hold him.

"What's bothering you jude?" I ask him.

"I don't want you to adopt Marie. I feel like you're rushing into it. It's not fair she gets her own room."

"Oh, jude. She has her own room because she's a kid. She still plays with toys." I say.

A few moments later I heard running footsteps. I went to check and didnt see anyone and go back to talking with jude.

Marie's P.O.V.

I go to the office to ask lena a question when I heard the whole thing. Jude was mad at me. He didn't want me here. By that point I was crying. No one ever wants me. I run away. I run out of the school and take off to the park. I sit in the tunnel, crying, thinking no one ever wants me.

*8 hours later*

I woke up in the tunnel at the park but now I hear sirens. I think nothing of it. I really missed the whole day of school.

Stef's P.O.V.

I was in my room crying in Lena's arms.

"Oh god, I hope we find her. She's a kid!" I say between gasps.

"Me too, hun. Me too. All the kids are out looking for her. She must've heard what jude said." Lena said.

" I'm going to go look for her."

"Ok hun. I'll come too." Lena said.

We get in the car just as the kids come home.

"We're going to go look for her. Mike is on his way to keep an eye on you guys. " I said.

"Okay, mom. " I heard Brandon say

And with that I drove off.

Mike's P.O.V.

I'm currently in the kitchen putting pizza on everyone's plates. Still no sign of Marie. Stef is crushed.

"Kids, dinner!" I yell and watch the kids come running.

"I really hope they find her." Jesus says already eating his second slice

"Me too." Mariana says.

"Way to go, jude. " jesus says to him.

I look at jude and see he has a sad look on his face. I go and put a hand on jude's shoulder.

"It'll be okay, jude. You just weren't thinking. "

"Yea. Jesus does that a lot. " Brandon says.

"Hey!" Jesus said.

We all laugh.

"Thanks for trying to make me feel better. I didnt mean to hurt her feelings. I just didn't think it was fair she gets her own room."

"I know, jude but you have to remember shes a kid, so she needs to the room by stef and lenas." I tell him.

Marie's P.O.V.

I was walking, tired, hungry, and clothes dirty. I got to my usual spot. This isnt my first time running away. I go to my little card board by the bridge in the park and eat some crackers I had there. I still love them but jude didn't want me. Oh well. Maybe next foster home will adopt me. I'm tired so I lay down and take a nap.

Credit to EsquivelYL for the idea of jude not wanting Marie adopted. 😊