EPILOUGE

STEPHANIES POV

 The amount of seconds,

Minutes,

Hours,

Days,

Weeks,

Months that had passed since the day that carter had died was unbearable.

I cried myself to sleep almost every night, when I was alone I cried. I think I cried any moment I could even though I didn’t want to. He was my every thought, even more than he was before. I was reminded of him practically every day, everything I saw reminded me of him. Of course there were times when for just a little while he would be out of my head, but then just one tiny thing would bring the memories back.

I of course dreamed of him coming back, that it was all a dream. But now that it’s happening I thought this was a dream. Stuff like this only happens in movies not in real life.

“Don’t cry.” I heard him say.

How could I not cry? If this really is real I should be crying a hell of a lot more than I am.

“Princess, say something. Please.” My heart swells when he calls me princess.

I slowly stand up still looking at him as if he is from another planet, he stands up with me.

“Steph-.”

I slap him across the face.

He turns his head back to me and holds the side of his face.

“I deserve that.” He says.

I’m looking at him and my face is furious and I am crying. My mind goes back to the time when he told me I meant nothing and then came back a few weeks later and I started hitting him.

I slap him again.

“Okay, first let’s not do this again.” He says calmly grabbing my wrist.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” I yell.

“Steph, baby let me explain.” He says looking around since I yelled pretty loud.

“Explain?! What the hell could you possibly explain? The fact that you got shot and died in my arms?! The fact that I spent months crying myself to sleep locked in my room! Not eating or sleeping for weeks because I couldn’t get the image out of my head of you lying there!! Explain to me how you are here Carter please. Explain why you practically killed me along the way and you come back here acting as if everything is so perfect.” I pause to catch my breath because the tears won’t stop now. “Please explain to me how you are alive.”