Why are you telling me this?

Start from the beginning

"I can understand that. A lot has been going on since Odin went into Odin sleep." I say in agreement as we naturally just start walking together.

We walk in silence until we reach a familiar archway into Loki's secret garden. Guess it wasn't so secret after all. Apparently seeing my expression makes Frigga chuckle.

"I see my son has taken you here before. He always believed this to be his own garden, a place he could go when he wanted to be alone," She explained. I began absentmindedly playing with my cloak between my fingers. "He never found out that I could always see him clearly from one of the windows in the castle." She says, a genuine smile gracing her lips now.

"That's sweet." I laugh a little. We become silent again or a few moments.

"Dear. I'm afraid I have to admit something to you." She says, her face already looking concerned.

"You can tell me anything." I say, trying to assure her.

We reach the very same gazebo that Loki had given my cloak to me and we both sit down. Frigga pauses, looking down at her lap, eyes moving as she tries and figures out how to say this. She finally looks back over to me.

"Right from the beginning I knew you were different. Your pale skin as flawless as an Asgardians, your eyes as glimmering, the color of your hair-

"Wait, wait, wait," I say completely shocked and very very confused. "You think I'm Asgardian? Someone who was born and raised on earth?" I ask as if she's gone crazy. She nods.

"I know you are. You spoke of being on earth and yet when I placed my hand on your shoulder... you did not give off the same wave as a Midgardian does, well not completely anyway." She continues to explain. My breathing begins to escalate as I wipe my sweaty hands on my cloak.

"So what exactly are you saying?" I ask fearfully. Frigga ignores my direct question but continues.

"After feeling the pulse, I decided to test you, test your magic. You had magic similar to an Asgardians but you can only produce one form of it. That told me something else. But I had to find confirmation." She continues. I start to understand but that doesn't stop me from panicking.

"One of- one of my p-parents are from here?" I ask with a single brow raised. I start looking around me, believing I need some fresh air despite me already being outside. Frigga nods.

"Yes. Based on the fact that you have a power from Asgard indicates that your mother was from here as the powers can only be passed down from a thing as close as being in a mother's womb." She says and I freeze. The mother that abandoned me, left her daughter and husband to come here. My hatred for this place had been growing since Odin first showed favoritism to Thor, to when Loki started changing, and now this... I get up and begin to pace.

"She's here? Oh my gods she's here. Well, where is she? Can I meet her so that she can explain everything to me? Like why she left my father and I and never came back." I scoff, ranting. I look down at Frigga to see her hesitate. I stop my pacing and watch her, my chest movement increasing rapidly. I immediately sit back down.

"What happened?" I whisper breathlessly. She places a hand on my knee.

"Your mother was an adventurous woman. She wanted to travel to Midgrid. Being Odins best Valkyrie, he hesitated obviously. But your mother was very convincing. She didn't expect to fall in love," Frigga started but I could barley hear her, one word echoing in my head. Was. "But she did. She fell in love with your father and when she found out about you, she loved you even more. She explained to us what happened and Odin granted her pardon," she continued. Tears started pouring down my eyes, my chest heaved. I could barley hear what she was saying over the sound of my crying, no matter how much I wanted to hear about my mother.

"War hit. The other Valkyries had fallen long before and Odins soldiers were not enough. Your mother had started to go into labor just as we called upon her. Instantly after you were born, your mother returned and fought in battle... she did not make it out." She finished her story and my heart felt like it was smashed into tiny pieces.

I tried holding my cloak tight around me, wishing it to protect me for all of this. Loki was right. Asgard is a dangerous place. I begin to cry harder though I don't completely understand why. Why am I crying for a woman I never knew? A woman I never got to love?

Possibly it's because that. I never got to love her. Twenty-three years later and i found out the woman I've hated for abandoning me never, never did. She wanted to be with me. She wanted to love me. She couldn't resist the call. I cry and I heave, Friggas hand on my back to help calm me down. I dig my face into my hands.

"Why are you telling me this?!" I cry out. I shouldn't have to know this! It was easy hating her instead of this!

"Because you deserve to know what an amazing woman your mother was." Frigga explains, speaking more softly and calmer than usual.

The tears begin to die down. I wipe my eyes against my cloak. Although they continue to flow down my cheeks, it's much steadier and calmer. I finally look up at Frigga.

"What was her name?" I ask quietly. Frigga smiles fondly.

"Freya. She was fierce yet loving and kind. You are much like her..."

Tears start falling down faster. I get up, not wanting anyone to see my cry anymore.

"I have to go. I- I have to be alone." I say. Frigga nods, staying seated.

"I understand."

I make my way to the only place- - the only person who I think will understand me in this time. I step onto the rainbow bridge, the bifrost room in sight. A room that holds a man, a friend, in all golden armor.