★·.·'¯'·.·★ ᖇIGEᒪ ★·.·'¯'·.·★

Start from the beginning

felix felt bad.

if he truly was the brightest star in this person's galaxy, he couldn't just let them down harshly.

they had spent so long, sending letter after letter, gift after gift, metaphor after metaphor, just for him.

they deserved a proper explanation: a real chance to ask him out.

he sighed and ran his hand down his face.

his grin followed his fingers and hit the desk unceremoniously.

he hated this: he had no way to contact his admirer and no way to tell who they were.

he sighed.

he could at least enjoy the attention while he was getting it, his thoughts whispered in his ear, tempting him with the thought of reading the letter over once again.

he gave in easy, slipping through the cracks in his skyline resolve to a heaven in hell, a guilty sort of happy.

his eyes fumbled across scrawled words, fingers barely keeping up with his nearly fluent korean.

he grinned down at he page before he felt a presence at his elbow.

"hey changbin," he greeted, genuine happiness twinkling through his lips.

changbin flushed slightly, and felix smiled to himself.

changbin was always so sensitive to heat, he remembered, often glowing as bright as a lightbulb when he believed the room to be too warm.

another presence was felt at above head height, and it instructed them to their seats.

felix bowed to his teacher and sat on the scratched plastic chair he had been assigned to.

changbin followed willingly and his eyes opened in shock at the dark blue note clasped between felix's dainty fingers.

"that's the fifth in three weeks!" he protested disbelievingly. "they've really upped their game." he mentioned, eyes blown wide and puffed cheeks showing his slightly flabbergasted expression.

changbin reached for the paper now firmly imprisoned in his friend's hands.

felix's reactions were quick and he threw his torso backwards, now entirely horizontal on the chair next to changbin's.

"give it." changbin demanded, the dominant growl in his voice causing a violent reaction in felix's cheeks.

felix refused and changbin leaned forward to grab at his hands, nearly completely covering the younger's body with his own.

"changlix." the teacher whined, dragging out the final syllable. "please not today. it's first period. stop showing off your relationship in front of us less fortunate souls." he groaned as the collective heads of the class swivelled to face them.

both boys bolted upright immediately, attention as alert and taut as a wire.

"oh- i'm not- we- we're not dating." felix's korean was a struggle, a clear sign that he was nervous.

his eyes followed changbin's mouth as he moved it to confirm that they were, in fact, not together.

the elder's face remained stoic.

the fact that they weren't dating didn't seem to phase changbin in the slightest: he was perfectly fine with that, felix had to remind himself as he subconsciously searched for any slip in an imaginary facade.

changbin didn't care.

changbin didn't want to ruin the friendship.

"sorry mr. choi." felix spoke when the disapproving silence lingered in the heated air surrounding them.

"dear lord, i regret putting you two next to each other." the eldest mumbled remorsefully as he took a sip of his dark coffee.

changbin's focus returned to felix as mr. choi's did the blackboard.

"sorry, i didn't mean to embarrass you." he mentioned as felix hushed him, suddenly very immersed in the lesson being displayed.

changbin chuckled to himself as he watched felix slide the paper towards him, allowing him to read it despite the mess they had caused.

he turned his head to the centre of the room, where mr. choi was explaining the layout of this year:

"rule number one: you will come prepared; you will have your paper, a pen and pencil on every class. no, wonpil does not count, sungjin. rule number two: no eating in the classroom. seriously. stop it with the ham, sammy. rule number three: no amount of puppy eyes will get your grades up. seriously. it's not cute, wendy. last and probably most important rule: if you embarrass me in front of mr. yoon, i will make sure you fail this class. is that clear?" he asked.

there was no response.

"great!" he grinned, gummy smile on display.

felix looked at changbin with wide eyes. he had forgotten how much their teacher could remember from last year.

"oh, nearly forgot. no fucking in the classroom. i'm looking at you, changlix and moonsun." he added, glaring at the pair of boys and the couple of girls.

moonbyul grinned cheekily down at the boys and held her hand out.

"wanna bet on who'll break that rule first?" she offered.

their teacher looked down at his coffee and sighed. he was tired.

changbin returned to the note on his desk, not before shaking hands and settling a suitable amount of money to bet with his noona.

"damn, fefe. this is really romantic."

felix agreed.

"i'm gonna have to get better at flirting if i want to keep you." changbin joked, but his laughter was smothered by a roar of approval as me. choi let the class out early.

felix's response was drowned out by the kerfuffle of teenagers packing their bags and trying to escape to lunch time.

"you don't need to worry. if it's you, i'll never leave."

💫

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

sorry ahaha

all of my first chapters always end up being really chaotic!

i hope you enjoyeddd