Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"She said she had something else to do, so I allowed her to leave," Y/n replies instantly, but still hadn't taken her eyes off of John. Though he may seem to have a relaxed face and posture, his golden eyes never left hers as well, as if giving a small warning. It glowed slightly as John hums in agreement. "Yeah. She said bye on her way out."

"Oh, okay," Sera mumbles. Why are they acting so weird ever since I came back?

--

Tap, tap, tap.

The sound of Arlo's footsteps of the empty hallways of the school resonated in Y/n ears. As discreetly as she could, Y/n followed the blonde behind his back and saw him walk into the nurse's office. Knowing what would happen if someone happened to see the King walk into the infirmary with bruises evident on his face could erupt the school into chaos.

She heard the door click before opening and shutting. Taking this as her chance to seem as if she needed to check up as well to avoid suspicion, Y/n slams the door open and waltzes in, ignoring the blonde male at first as she struts right towards the nurse. "Oh, hello nurse! It seems like I scraped my LEG and I need some assistant in patching it up~" She said outlandishly. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SO EARLY AROUND HERE, BRAT!"

Turning to Arlo who stood with an unreadable expression on his face, Y/n suddenly says, "Oh, Arlo? You're here as well? What a coincidence, ah hahaha!"

"So you're the one following me," was all he said.

Y/n sulks. "How did you..." Noticing a certain man sitting on a chair next to the nurse's desk, she decided to give him a small quick handshake. "Nice to see you again, Keene!" The beige hair colored man takes another bite of his apple before saying, "That's quite out of character for you, Y/n. I'd never thought in my entire life that I would see you act like this—"

"Shut up," she said cheerily. Keene laughs slightly before turning to Darren and pointing at Y/n. "That's my favorite student right there."

The nurse shakes his head. "Oh right," he said. "Arlo, here's the medicine for your injuries. I haven't made many tonics for you before, so it will work a bit slowly. Your wounds should disappear before class starts, though."

 "Thank you doc."

Y/n watches as Arlo takes the blue elixir and walks out, slamming the door behind him. She sighs slightly.

 "Was that you who did it, Y/n?"  The nurse asked. "He's a strong kid who doesn't drop by the infirmary often. You're the only one I know who could've actually landed a hit."

 "You're overestimating too much, sir," Y/n shakes her head as she finds a chair to sit on. "But no, it wasn't me. My abilities have weakened greatly and besides, Arlo is special to me. It would take a lot to actually hurt him, both physically and mentally."

 She tilts her head. "And besides, I'm not the only student who could've hurt him to that extent, right?"

 Keene takes another bite of the apple. "Sometimes I forget that you're able to see our memories as well," he says as he chews. "Was it John, then?"

 Y/n looks around the room before meeting back with his eyes. "I don't know. After all, he's reformed, yes?"

 "Correct. Hopefully, you're not hiding anything," the nurse sighs as he sits back on his office chair and takes a sip of his coffee. "John is playing cripple so it can't be him. Might be some person from another school." Darren stares at his reflection as he thinks for a bit. "Shouldn't we tell the headmaster about this?"

 The female stretches her arm until she hears a satisfying pop. "I'll leave this grown-up stuff with you. See you later." She stands up from the chair and trots towards the door. Before her hand could touch the knob, Y/n freezes when Keene suddenly says, "I hope you know what you're doing, Y/n."