Chapter T

-

Y/n made it to John's house undetected. She was panting and sweating like crazy; some of her hair clung to her forehead and her shirt was dampened from sweat. She had recently taken off her sweater five minutes into running with was a good choice considering that the sun was beating down on her.

Her legs were shaking.

Ding dong!

Footsteps slowly came close and opened the door. "Uhh.... Who are you?" John asks confusedly at the raven haired girl. U/n twitched her eyes. Ah... I forgot about my appearance...

"O-Oh. Sorry about that John," Y/n breathes. "It's me. Can I go in?"

"Uh... ok?"

Hesitantly, John opens the door wider for the girl to stumble in, instantly throwing away her shoes and falling face first into the couch. "Aah..... I miss this...."

"Hey," John starts, "What happened to you? Sera said you went somewhere and that you'd text us... but it's been one week."

"Where the hell were you?"

"..."

Y/n sits up straight, her noir locks messy and greasy from all that running and not taking a shower for a few days. "I'm gonna go take a shower and then I'll tell you later. Mind if I use your clothes?"

"...No it's fine."

"Thanks John," she begins to stroll over to the bathroom, before stopping, "Also."

Her eyes filled with worry. "What happened to your knuckles? I leave for a few days and you're already getting beaten up?"

He waves it off. "Don't mind it—"

"Tell me who they are."

The black haired male freezes up at her cold tone, hesitantly meeting her eyes. They showed no signs of emotion.

Something he had never seen in the two years they've met.

The most patient, calmest person he ever knew, staring at him with eyes that held no hint of humanity.

Y/n sees the feared look from John and she blinks, the frigid look instantly replaced by her usual bubbly sun rays. "S-Sorry... I didn't mean to. I'll... go now."

John watched as his gold eyes followed the black haired female goes into his bathroom and lock it. Not a minute after, the shower starts up. All in that while, he stands there for the entire time, not able to move.

It was strange. So many things has happened during a short duration of time, all had impacted negatively heavily upon their characters. The story's tone has also became darker and obviously void of emotion.

Y/n seems like a different person... Is it hair dye? Contacts?

It's strange knowing that we both seem to be hiding something. His brows furrowed in realization. Now that I think about it... Do we even know much about each other?

I know a good amount about Sera...

But Y/n had been by my side from the moment I've came here and we just sort of gotten along, right? We didn't know much about each other yet we've clicked. She's always been there to stop high-tiers, the Royals, the—

"But how?" John mumbles. They've always seemed to obey her..?

Then again, why do they listen to Y/n? She's a low-tier, right?