Pure Paradox

Appassionato
Chapter 6:
Pure Paradox

James Maslow

“He’s my twin brother…” I said, making those two frozen and keeping their mouth opened.

“You’re twins? You’re kidding, right?! You never told you’re twins!” Kendall complained.

“I am not kidding! You said he was just like me! Besides, what’s the point of telling you that?!” I was rather fractious. “You’re no one, just somebody I know…”

Yes, that’s sarcasm, but also the truth. Kendall felt that I was right about him, but he seemed offended, judging by his expression. I obviously noticed he was friend of Daniel and Roy, yet that doesn’t mean I considered him as friend of mine. Either way, he never claimed me as his friend. He’s merely someone suddenly rushing into my life, big time!

“Umm…James…” Carlos awkwardly addressed me. I titled my head, being nosy. “Umm…well…does your twin have a name?”

“His name is Richard Maslow…”

“So, Richard, huh?” Kendall frowned so sudden. From the way he spoke, I figured he put revenge on my twin. “I don’t care if he’s your twin or no, but he must pay for what he’s done to me!” My prediction was accurate. Kendall clearly pissed as hell.

“I am sorry, Kendall. He’s…” I stopped. I was confused what I was gonna say. I apologized because my brother hurt him too much, but there’s something I willed to tell. Perhaps, it’s not the right time to let him know.

“He’s what?” Kendall was already curious. I cleared my throat, I seriously lost my words to explain him the truth.

“I am sorry…” I once again wasted my voice for another apology. Kendall didn’t look so happy, but he seemed understand that I was puzzled. “It’s really complicated.”

“Of course it is! Your twin is psycho!” Kendall blurted without thinking about my feeling. I was rather offended. Yet he’s somehow right. My brother is psycho. If he’s normal, he wouldn’t do such thing, right. I don’t care if he’s psycho, he’s my flesh and blood, my counterpart. I love him more than myself and will die to protect him.  

(ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ू)

Richard Davion Maslow: my twins that had been lost three years ago and until now I am still looking for him, but I haven’t found him yet. All the information I got lately, he was hanging around the Blue Velvet bar I have visited. It’s shocking because Kendall said he got sudden attack from him, regardless I was the one who desperately needed to meet him. It’s not a coincidence I guessed, Kendall is one of most wanted brawler in this city and Ricky must be up to something.

Despite the fact, I won’t use Kendall as a bite. Ricky had already defeated him and seriously I’ll be damned if I made use of him. I am not that type of man, I prefer something fair and square, not 100% fair and square; at least it’s not putting someone in danger.

I couldn’t find any trace related to my twin; not evens a single clue. People I asked always had no idea about him, or I was very suspicious that they were being shut by someone and I have figured who was behind these all. I went to the same bar: the blue velvet bar. I was gonna meet this bastard and force him to open his mouth and spill everything about Richard, though I promise myself I won’t ever get back there. Honestly I was more like promise myself to not giving him my body. Let’s just break it.

“So you’re coming back…Why? Running out of luck already?” He chortled.

I came closer, slamming the table hardly. “Just tell what exactly do you know about Richard Maslow?!” He didn’t even shock. I knew some kind of snarling won’t work so quick. I grabbed his fur coat, shooting a dead glare that filled with flame. “Tell me, you bastard!” His bodyguards pulled my jacket and held my body back. I was not fighting them back yet, because I was curious to know his next movement.