vi

"DeLuca!" Meredith called him as he followed  Lilian through the hospital. The two stopped. "You're on Alex's service," she reminded him. Meredith gave Lily a look that said "I'll take him if you want".

"It's fine, Mer, thanks," she dismissed her sister's help. Meredith frowned. This morning she was begging her to keep DeLuca away from her, and now he was following her around and she was fine with it?

"Oh, my God, does she know?" Andrew asked her trying to be subtle, bus his cheeks immedistly turned red at the thought.

"Yes, she knows," Lily sighed. "Sorry Mer, I gotta go," she said.

"Oh, no, wait!" Meredith said, pulling out some papers. "You're a head of a department. Look at this and tell me if you see anything wrong," she told her sister, handing her her contract. "Please be honest with me."

"Okay," she said. Lilian started to go through the pages. Everything seamed fine until she got to the annual pay.

"There it is, the face, did you see it?" She asked DeLuca. He nodded, both watching Lilian's expression closely.

"What face?" She asked, trying to hide her surprise.

"Maggie made a face, and now you're making it," Meredith told her. "Be honest with me, Lily. What's wrong with my contract?"

"Look, I don't...  I don't like talking money with people," Lily said reluctantly. She felt really uncomfortable talking about that.

"We're not talking money," Meredith told her. She then frowned, realizing what Lily had said. "Are we talking money?"

"They're lowballing you," Lily said, handing her back her contract. "That's not a head of general contract. Now, can I please go? I've got a newborn with a stem glioma."

♧♧♧

Lilian told the babies' parents about the little boy's tumor. They were devastated. She hated this. Usually, she could handle it. Usually, her patients could at least speak. This was her telling two parents that in addition to their twins having liver cancer, one of them also had a brain tumor.

She explained everything, told them she couldnt know if it was operable or not until they did some tests and a biopsy.

Just as she was heading home, Meredith called her and invited her to her home again. She wanted a meeting with all of the female heads of department, which meant, Maggie, Callie, Meredith and her, eith a probable presence from Amelia, who was living with Meredith. She let Arizona know she wouldn't be coming home tonight and headed to Mer's house.

♧♧♧

"Bailey did that to you?" Maggie asked Meredith. Apparently, Bailey had been the one to set Meredith's pay.

"I think since you're a in house buyer, they knew you wouldn't push back," Callie suggested.

"Except I was an inhouse buyer," Lilian countered. "And I still got more than that," she said sipping her wine. Maybe she should stop with the wine.

"But you're a Sheppard," Callie countered. "And that was Webber." Lilian and Amelia shared a look and shrugged. Maybe their name did give them an advantage.

"I thought the offer was fair," Meredith complained. "I mean, for me, it wasn't about the money," she shrugged. "Bailey said she needed me, the job just fell in my lap." All of the girls groaned at her comment.

"Uh-uh," Callie told her. "No. You earned that job  okay?" Mer rolled her eyes and took a sip from the wine bottle. "You need to go back and renegotiate."

"No, I can't, it's too late, I already accepted the offer," Mer told her.

"No, walk in there and demand what you deserve," Callie told her. "And you, stop drinking!" She said as she took Lilian's glass from her hand. "What's going on with you."

"I am a victim of unobtainable love," she mumbled, eating Amelia's fries from her plate.

"I totally get that!" Maggie suddenly spoke up. "I could be having sex right now." Lilian laughed.

"Oh, so could I, sister. I just turned it down," she told Maggie.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" Callie asked the two.

"Ethan," Mer pointed at Maggie. "DeLuca," she pointed at Lilian, earning three loud gasps of disbelief.

"You turned down sex with DeLuca?!" Maggie exclaimed.

"No, she turned down the second time," Mer corrected, making the girls practically squeal. And then she realised that this was supposed to be a secret. "Sorry," Meredith whispered to her sister.

"Tell us about it!" Amelia urged her sister. "What happened? When was it? Have you guys talked about it?"

"It happened before I knew he was an intern!" Lilian defended herself.

"She did it the Sheppard way," Meredith clarified to the girls.

"You are kidding me!" Amelia suddenly exclaimed. "You slept with Derek as an intern? When's it gonna happen to me? When will I sleep with the intern love of my life?" The girls laughed, all except Lilian.

"He is not the love of my life!" She argued. "He is my student, he's a youngling!"

"Lily, you say that like you're like a decade older than him. He might be older than you," Amelia laughed.

"Oh, yes, I forgot you guys were geniuses who graduated Med School at like 18," Callie rolled her eyes.

"Seventeen," Amelia corrected, pointing at her sister.

"Fifteen," Meredith pointed at Maggie.

"Why are we changing the subject?" Maggie whined. "Lily, you gotta make it work with DeLuca!" She told her. "Because you're the only one of us who actually has a chance."

Lilian's phone suddenly began to ring. Everyone groaned as she picked it up from her pocket and saw who was calling. It was DeLuca. She quickly stood up, not wanting the drunk girls to mock her or anything, and walked to another room.

"DeLuca, what is it?" She asked. Unfourtunetly, she said his name a little bit too loudly, for she heard ooh's and ahh's from the other room.

"What's going on?"  Deluca asked as he heard the voices of the girls.

"Nothing, forget about it. What is it?"

"Karev wants to do a double surgery, he needs you back here," the man told her.

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Alex," she exclaimed before hanging up. She walked back into the room.

"Where are you going?" Meredith asked her as Lilian went to grab her shoes and her coat.

"The hospital. Gotta get myself de-drunk, because freaking Karev wants to do a double surgery on a newborn."

"Please eat something!" Amelia yelled at her. Lily rolled her eyes.

"Jeez, okay, mom!"