I lied and shake my head to Jisoo. She puts her finger to her chin and nods slowly.

“Then let’s go there!” She says happily, as if she just solved my problem.

But little did she know, I was nervous. I was scared.

“We don’t even know if they’re already here in Seoul” I mumble to myself, trying to think of an excuse which may actually be true but Jisoo’s response made me upset and downhearted.

“No, they arrived yesterday! I messaged Chaeyoung and she replied back” Jisoo shrugs her shoulder innocently.

I was baffled, I felt betrayed but it wasn’t Jisoo’s fault.

I never mentioned to her that Chaeyoung stopped messaging me and dodged all my attempts to contact her.

“Earth to Jennie” Jisoo snaps her fingers in front of me. I didn’t know how long I was staring blankly into space.

“Do you want to go or not?” she raises her perfectly trimmed eyebrow with a chicken in her mouth.

I bite my lower lip and cast my head down.

But Jisoo being my bestfriend for years, she already memorized everything about me –

and that includes my reactions.

“I will go with you Jendeuk, I’ll be there” She says making me heave a sigh.

She searched the answer in my eyes and I nod at her.

“Great!” She cheerfully says but shifts into a scolding mother in a nanosecond. “Now eat Jendeuk or I will shove that chicken in your mouth”

~

Frozen, I stood in the spacious lobby of Manoban Group while Jisoo speaks with the lady at the front desk.

“Hi, I’m here to see Chaeyoung” Jisoo says but the lady in the front desk stared at her with a questioning look.

“I’m sorry but what department does she work in?” the lady asks.

“She’s the CEO’s secretary” Jisoo smiles but the lady frowns.

“I’m sorry but that’s not the name of her secretary. I think you’re in the wrong building ma’am. This is Manoban Group, maybe you’re supposed to be in that building? “ the lady points to the building in the other side of the street.

“No no! I’m sure that we are on the right building” Jisoo points out but the lady only narrowed her eyes. Jisoo gave her a sharp look and pouted her lips as if challenging the lady in the front desk.