⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I remember when we were that young." The woman's shaky voice didn't carry far, but she watched the Klaus' head turn toward her. "What I would give to be that beautiful again."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her husband squeezed her hand. "You're as beautiful as the day I laid eyes on you."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren looked up as she realized Klaus was staring off in the opposite direction with an odd look on his face. "What's wrong?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Nothing, love." He returned his attention to her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus pushed open the door to the hotel suite, carrying Wren's bags in his hands. The weight was effortless, but she had insisted on at least carrying her toiletries bag.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren walked in behind him, her mouth falling open. Although she was exhausted from the day's events, she managed to find enough energy to jog over to the California-king bed and jump onto it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She could've moaned as her form sunk into the plush mattress. She could get used to this.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Comfy, darling?" Klaus chuckled as he watched her kick off her black heels and drag herself further onto the bed. Her back arched into a dramatic stretch.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"This bed is amazing," she sighed into the fabric of the duvet, "we need to get one of these."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Anything you ask of me, love, it's yours." Klaus placed her bags down by the dresser, kicking off his black boots.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren sighed contently, rolling over to look at him. Her heart swelled with admiration as she observed the side of his face. "Come here," she said softly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus did as she commanded, clearing the room before him in a handful of strides. His face softened at the emotional tears he saw in her eyes. He laid down next to her, sighing at the warmth blooming in his chest as she instantly crawled on top of him, placing both of her hands on his abdomen.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She sat upright, looking down at him with an unreadable expression.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Are you alright, love?" he asked, sitting up so their torsos were touching. He held her hips in his strong hands, squeezing lightly when she didn't answer him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She nodded, brushing a hand against his cheek. His stubble tickled her palm. Her fingertips glided over everything she could touch, tracing. Her nail soon met his lip, where she leaned forward and pressed a featherlight kiss.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus' hands moved up from her hips, brushing over her waist with a light touch. He wasn't fond of being gentle, usually, but his little mate felt like she was made of glass.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren sighed into the kiss as his fingers slipped up her back, finding the zipper to her dress easily. He began to pull it down, making goosebumps trail across her backbone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus grasped the bottom of her dress, pulling it up over her head. The crimson underwear she was wearing was bright against her pale skin. She looked positively sinful.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren shivered at the cool air that caressed her skin, pressing herself closer to her mate. He was warm and perfect and hers.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Grabbing the front of his dress shirt, she yanked it open, sending buttons flying everywhere.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren's lips dropped from his and began to trail down his jaw, his neck, and onto his toned chest. Just as she ran her nails over his pecs and continued down his stomach, the phone rang.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus could've murdered someone. His eyes popped open, his fists clenching in irritation. They couldn't leave him alone for one bloody second.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren laughed, detaching from him to grab his phone off the bedside table. "Mr. Mikaelson's phone," she spoke sweetly into the receiver, grinning at her mate as he grabbed for her waist.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Wren!" a relieved voice spoke on the other line. "We've been trying to get a hold of you for days! The coven was beginning to wonder..."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren's good mood was squashed by her aunt's voice coming through the phone. "Tatiana," she acknowledged, "and what would you know about the coven? You'd rather stay with your sister than acknowledge me as your true regent."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Watch your tone, young lady, you may be the new regent but I'm still your elder." Tatiana's voice shook with anger.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Elder or not, you will hold your tongue when speaking to me, тетя." Wren's voice had grown cold as she addressed her aunt. "What do you want? Why are you interrupting my vacation?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I was just calling to check when our newest Regent was returning from her trip with the abomination." Tatiana's voice was smug, yet held a tinge of hatred in its depths. "You should know that the first couple of months of new leadership are fragile. The people need a sense of continuity."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I will return from my vacation whenever I feel like it, and you should know that the coven is loyal to me. They always have been. That's the thing that you and mother never understood, Tatiana. Kindness is rewarded." Wren's lip curled upwards in disgust. "Disturb me again, and I'll feed you to the wolves." She promptly pulled the phone from her ear, turning it off and placing it calmly on the bedside table.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus, who had been silent through her whole conversation, smiled fondly. "You're beginning to sound like me."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren sighed, putting her head in her hands. "Is that a good or a bad thing?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Depends on your view of me, sweetheart."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She looked up at him, her eyebrows dropping. "Can you imagine how bad our kids would be?" she asked without thinking, a toothy grin forming on her lips.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus' eyes held a look she'd never seen before. Some cross between hope and sadness. "They'd be perfect."