𝕏𝕍𝕀𝕀𝕀

18 | the blade of sacrifice

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN WOKE UP WITH A GASP, SHOOTING UP IN BED LIKE LIGHTNING

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN WOKE UP WITH A GASP, SHOOTING UP IN BED LIKE LIGHTNING. THE SLUMBERING HYBRID NEXT TO HER JERKED AWAKE, a growl coming from his chest. It sounded like thunder as it reverberated around the room.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ow," she whispered, jerking her arm away from Klaus as he hovered over her like a wolf guarding its kill. His hold had tightened on her considerably, to the point where it was painful. "Niklaus," she grunted as his hand landed on her calf.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I smell blood," he grunted, "are you hurt?" He pulled the covers away from her, searching for the source of the metallic scent.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren winced as she ran her fingers along a cut on her neck. It was at the base, closer to her collarbone. A thin, clean slice had been made. "Apparently, yeah." She hissed as his fingers found the cut.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What made that?" he wondered to himself as he wiped away the blood that dripped from it. "Here, love." He moved to bite into his wrist.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren grabbed his hand, moving it away from his face. "Seriously? I'm not gonna die if I have a little cut. Sophie probably just slipped while she was cooking or something." The location was a bit odd.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"She slipped and cut her neck open?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren rolled her eyes, weaseling her way out from beneath him. "Stop being dramatic." Her joints popped as she stood from the bed, making another wince appear on her features. "Man, I'm like a ninety-year-old, I swear."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I doubt a ninety-year-old would have a physique like yours, darling."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Is that your way of saying you like my body?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"That should be unspoken."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren arched an eyebrow. "Thanks, then. I guess." She shook her head and headed to his bathroom to find a band-aid. She pulled open the drawers, checked the shelves, and looked behind the mirror.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Of course.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She walked back out into the room with a new-found-attitude. "I should've known you wouldn't have any band-aids. Screw the human, right?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus didn't move from his position on the bed. He rolled his eyes, looking toward the ceiling. "And I was to know that you would be sleeping in my room?" He got up, disappearing in a flash. Seconds later he was back, a white box in his hand and a cloth in the other. "Sit down."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Biting the inside of her lip, Wren plopped down on the foot of the bed. "I can put my own band-aid on."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm sure you could, love." His gentle fingers swiped at the blood, cleaning the cut expertly.