Chapter 15

"Are you sure you will be fine?" Tony asked his girlfriend worriedly. "I mean I don't want to go — but I have to." 

He was worried — he had that feeling in his gut that something was gonna happen, but he didn't know what.

And what about Loki? He was worried like Thor because the last time they left him alone, that fucking creature attacked him.
Pepper sighed and a reassuring smile appeared on her face. "We will be fine, Tony." She moved closer to him. "You know Jarvis is here and I definitely could kick some ass," she said, trying to lighten up the mood. 

And when she was in Tony's personal space, she felt his hands come to circle around her waist and he rested his forehead on hers — "It is just I have that bad feeling" He said. "And I don't want any harm to come to you or Loki."

"We will be okay, Tony." She said again, but with a soft tone this time. "And I am worried about you too." She continued, now looking at him, but his hands were still on her waist. "Please don't do anything stupid." She gave the knowing look — because she knew that he liked to throw himself in danger.

"Yeah, yeah. You know me, Pepper." He attempted to make a smile appear on his face.

"Tony," she said in a warning tone. "Promise me."

"I will try—" he said because he couldn't promise her.

Pepper sighed because that’s the beat she could get out of him, but — 

"You….." Perhaps she could try again, but she didn't finish what she was about to say because Tony's lips met hers.

Ah, Tony — you are trying to silence me. Pepper thought fondly, but she kissed him back. Her soft, warm lips welcomed him, and he lost himself in her sweet musk, warm skin and honeyed taste.

God, he didn't want to leave. Why fucking Hydra appeared now.

"Tony—" Pepper mumbled between the kiss and Tony pulled from the kiss reluctantly.

"Yeah, yeah — Fucking Hydra." He huffed and then a smile graced his face. "Don't miss me a lot." He said.
Pepper rolled her eyes, but she was smiling. "How about we go and see Loki before you leave?" She asked.

Yeah, as if we are his parents— Tony thought, but it has been a week since he last saw Loki because he felt guilty about what happened. But because of that bad feeling in his guts, he would go and see him. So, he found himself nodding at Pepper and then they made their way to the medical bay.

*********
"Jarvis, Where is Thor?" Tony asked when he entered the medical bay because he was sure that Thor would spend this hour with Loki.

"Mr. Odinson has gone to Asgard, sir." The A.L. replied.

"Asgard?" 

Why the fuck has Thor gone to Asgard? Tony thought.

"Yes, he said something about bringing someone to guard prince Loki," the A.L. said and then continued. "He said that he believes Miss Potts, but he needs more assurance that Prince Loki would be fine."

Fine? As if Loki wasn't hurting? — Tony really wished that wasn’t the case.

Speaking of Loki when Tony looked at him, he found that he was covered by the energy field and he was breathing — thank God for that, but the kid was still frowning.

Didn't Thor say that their mother was visiting him? So why does he look like that?

Tony really hoped that he wasn't hurting.