Chapter 4

There was a thought nagging in Loki's mind. Why did he not see the All-father? Is he on a political mission? Or he doesn't want to see Loki? But Loki did not do anything, he even doesn't know about the snake prank. 

That's why Frigga had taken him to see Odin because she could not bear to look at the heartbroken, sad look on his face. Thor was against Loki seeing Odin,  but Frigga didn't listen to him, it will raise many questions, her boy was Loki and she knows that he would ask a lot of questions and suspect that they are lying. 

She has a feeling that Loki already suspects what they have told him. 

"Amma, " Loki said. He was sitting on a chair beside Odin's bed. Odin has fallen into Odinsleep after what he had done to his younger son, sorrow and regret clouded his mind until he couldn't fight it anymore.

They were sitting in the same way when Loki had slain Laufey and she told him that she was proud of him.

And she regretted it because she didn't see how her son was hurting, fooled by his facade.

"Father loves me, Amma, right? " he said uncertainly but his eyes held hope. He looked so innocent, a child wants his father's love. 

"Yes my dear." She said, looking at Odin's sleeping face. "He does love you. "

How could anyone hate her precious boy? Odin was wrong—

Wrong to make Loki feel insecure about his parents' love. 

"I love him too, amma. " he said. 

And she knows deep down that Loki would forgive Odin when he gets back to his older self. 

They sat in silence until it was disturbed by a knock on the door. 

Frigga made a gesture to open the door revealing her handmaiden Gna. 

The handmaiden bowed and said. "Prince Thor sent me to inform you that they are ready to travel, my queen. "

Frigga nodded "Thank you, Gna. " she said and dismissed her. 

She looked at Loki to find him already looking at her excitedly. "Come here, Loki. " she said. 

And when Loki was within her reach, she pulled him into a hug. Her eyes were stinging with unshed tears. She doesn't want him to go, she already has him but she knows that it is not safe for him to be here. 

"You know how to reach me, my sweetheart? " she said while hugging him. 

"Yes, amma. " Loki said. "You know that I will miss you?  "

"I know, my boy. " she said, letting out a sad, broken laugh. "I will miss you too, my precious, brilliant boy. "

************

Loki felt the hundreds of eyes on him while they were on their way to the Bifrost but no one dared to stop them. He was sitting in front of Thor, trying to keep his balance but Thor was holding him tightly. He should work on his abilities to ride horses. 

Are they still using horses in Midgard? Loki wanted to ask Steve Rogerson but he found it was not the time to ask that. 

Loki turned his head back to look at his brother and he still can not believe that this Aesir is actually his brother! And he can not wait to return back to his actual age. His mother said that she would seek uncle Freyr and king Njord's help. He  found him glaring at the people who were staring at Loki as if he was abnormal, he waved at them and smiled and he was shocked when someone waved back because Loki thought that no one loves him, maybe he had grown into a loved prince or they are faking it?