8. Outage.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

LOCATION: BERLIN, GERMANY

CIA HEADQUARTERS - Joint Terrorism Task Force

(CONTROL ROOM FLOOR)

Commander Ross walked back to the screens, collecting his stoic demeanour together. Magna hung back, though she could still see the many screens clearly. The whole floor was watching as the evalutator turned his attention to a very much awake Barnes.

Suddenly, everything went dark.

In the city traffic lights failed, and at the CIA Headquarters the power went out as well. Backup lights glared in the place of the regular lighting, but even then they barely did anything. Red and blue flashed, bathing everyone with neon hues.

— Great...- Commander Ross huffed under his breath while everyone looked up at the ceiling in confusion. — Come on, guys, get me eyes on Barnes! - he ordered into a walkie-talkie as other officers scurried around. The small man crossed his arms and flared his nose, probably thinking his own people had something to do with the problem. 

Magna's eyes had just adjusted to the low lighting when she saw Steve and Sam hurry out of the control room. Ross was suddenly at her side as agents, officers and soldiers flocked the hallways. It was then that the brunette saw the chaos ensuing around her. The blackout was obviously coordinated and for a very important reason: Barnes was the most dangerous person in the building and, simultaneously, the most valuable asset. 

She cursed, watching as the staff emerged from their offices in a panic, darting down the hallways and causing a commotion. Magna's gaze lingered on Tony Stark for a moment as the latter tapped the side of his glasses, demanding to someone in his ear to get him a source on the outage. Their current floor hadn't been the only one affected - every other level was blacked out as well. The backup lighting glowed very prominently, but the only thing that it did was give Magna a headache. 

Sharon jogged up quickly to join her friend, and together they rushed to find Ross. The latter's voice was loud and laced with clear impatience and Magna's pulse was racing under her skin.

— Go..- their boss motioned the last guard to hurry into position before turning to his two special agents. Over his shoulder, Sharon spotted Natasha and Tony exchanging tense looks with one another. — I need you to take care of the mass outside.- he ordered sternly, swiping a hand across his forehead as he made a arm motion that seemed to include Sharon.

— I'll handle evac, Sir.- the blonde concluded without missing a beat. — We need to get all civilians out of here.- she spoke calmly and deliberately, adjusting her ear-piece. Ross only gave her a sharp nod and faced Magna expectantly, eyes narrowed, tone heavy with authority.