Plus, his eyes were kind. It filled her with warmth she didn't realize she had been missed it.

• Souma gained a reputation as the nice transfer student who had a massive strength and amazing knife skill.

• Somewhat gained a harem. Harem of both women and men.

• He was immensely happy when found out Akira also had sharp sense of smell. In other hand, Akira grew a small inferiority complex knowing that Souma had stronger nose than him--perhaps stronger than God's Tongue, as he could even smell emotion.

Of course, the white-haired man couldn't bring himself to despise the red haired but the jealousy was still there.

• His friends found out how skilled Souma was in sword art and got a little bit spooked with his power.

It's like watching an art.

Erina could only clasped her hands and watching Souma practicing his swordsmanship. She knew her... friend, was a defending champion in national-level kendo but she didn't knew he was this skilled.

When he started to do battle stance and fight invisible enemy, he seemed like... Dancing.

She didn't know how to describe it precisely other than dancing. The way he moved his feet, waved his sword so fast his hands became blurry, strong gaze, strike after steps and how he moved...

It's a work of finest art.

She was too busy admired the red haired man her heart almost jumped out when there's a loud crack followed by small shake. Luckily her shriek was covered by various scream from others.

Before they could ask what's just happened, Erina noticed pale looking Megumi shakingly pointed at the field and a soft "ah, so I still can do it," from Souma.

She instinctively look up front and paled.

In front of Souma, there was a massive stone which height was at least twice of him cut into two. 

"S-Souma-kun?" Erina called, tried her best to maintain her smile. Inside she was more than ready to break down. "Did you... Did you just cut that stone into two?"

Souma, that living incarnation of sunshine and innocence, looked back at her and smiled. If the atmosphere wasn't tense she would've held her heart. "Yes. I want to see my progress so... Ah, don't worry, I'll clean this up. Sorry if it's bothering you--wait, Erina? Why your face is so pale--wait, everyone, are you alright? Why are you all so pale?!"

Apparently Souma was so strong his blow could cut a boulder into pieces. No wonder his late teacher was adamant to make him enter global tournament.

They simultaneously vowed to never spoke this to anyone. Ever.

.

"It's a honor to finally meet you, Yukihira Souma-dono."

Souma blinked in confusion and pointed at himself. "Me?" he said.  That teen went flustered as the fifth seat nodded. "But, senpai, I don't think I've ever done something impressive..."

"Do not be absurd, you're nothing but ordinary," Souma went red at the blatant praise. "You're the famous 'Red-Haired Musashi', the unbeatable defending champion in kendo. I've heard you're so skilled with knife you can use anything even the rustiest one. As someone who follow path of bushido, I have an earnest respect for you even if I have nothing worth to show off except this humble Isanakiri."

Souma couldn't help but feeling embarrassed. This was why he didn't want to enter competition again. People kept praising him for as if he was something untouchable when all he did was horning his breath technique! Anyone who had undergo the same training as he did can do it too.

((Souma didn't realize that Breath training was too hard for people in this era, and back then he's still counted as monster.

Someone please knock him some sense.))

•  It was when Souma had a shokugeki with Eizan. He, for the first time, using Breath techniques for cooking.

• Viewers from boardcasts might not see it, but those who were present had the first experience.

It was enhancing to say at least. His knife might not shining like how nichirin did, but there's some kind of mystical aura that screamed danger. His limbs moved faster, swifter, stronger. It's as if his knife techniques had envolved into something godly, something that couldn't be reach by mortal.

Eizan didn't want to admit it. He would not ever admit it.

But he knew, that the first time Souma had risen his knife with uncharacteristic deadly look,

He was rightfully screwed.

.

• Things went ridiculous when Souma, utterly annoyed with Azami, headbutting the man in front of his friends. Later Azami lowkey had a PTSD with Souma's headbutt.

• You think Asahi wasn't spared? Haha,

No.

.

Souma promptly made a weird face as Asahi boldly told Erina to marry him. The older man was offended at his expression.

"Why are you making that face?" He smirked. "Jealous?"

Much to his ire, Souma only scrunched his nose. "I mean--uh..." He scratched his cheek nervously.

His next words promptly collapsed his world.

"Isn't Erina your sister?"

.

It's already a norm knowledge that Souma's nose work like a miracle. He could smell something unbelievable like emotion, bond, history.

Blood relation was just one of them.

Erina, who was in the verge of faint but wake enough to hear his word, went still before forcefully bring Asahi to face his grandfather for some clarification.

Long story short, Erina got another comrade in 'hating Azami for being a shitty father' club. Asahi was shaken, but slowly going softer after days being coddled by Souma much to everyone's jealousy.

And so, Souma's harem got another member.