Chapter 12: The Spar

[A/N] Yes, I’m solving my promise of updating every day. Though, you might have noticed, in the previous chapter, in the picture, Devin’s eyes were white. You’ll know why in this chapter. Continue to the story~

The bright light of the sun entered Spirit’s den, waking him up. (A/N Yep. I really can’t think of anything else to start chapters. Heh.) Spirit yawned and stretched, but didn’t stand up. He tried to recall his plans today, and it was taking him a lot of time to do so. ‘Oh right… I’m supposed to call Faith and Heather to watch my spar with Devin...’ Spirit finally remembered and stood up. He went straight to the food pile and took a rabbit, and he went back to the exact place he was on yesterday.

Spirit sat down and found Devin heading towards him with a big bird. Devin sat down in front of him, taking a few bites from his bird before talking to him. “Where will we fight?”  Spirit’s cheeks were puffed because of taking a large bite from his rabbit, which he quickly swallowed reluctantly to answer his question. “We’re going to fight on a near clearing here, and, I’m going to invite my friends.” Devin was surprised; he didn’t really expect that Spirit already had his own friends. “You have friends?” Spirit raised an eyebrow. “Why, can’t a strong wolf make friends?”  Devin just shrugged it off, even though he was a strong wolf, he had friends, so he stopped bothering Spirit about the topic.

When Spirit and Devin finished their food, Spirit led them to the clearing where he and Desmond trained.  “Nice spot. How’d you find this?” Devin asked. “Desmond trained me, this is where we trained. Wait here, I’m going to get my friends, you’re not really known in the forest, if you went there, they’d think you’re just an average loner.” Spirit said while snickering. “Pfft… me? An average loner? No way!”

“Really, they will.” Devin flattened his ears, annoyed, while Spirit went to head to camp.

-------------------------Later, after reaching camp, explaining to faith about his spar--------------------------------

“Wait, you, are going to spar with someone? Who? You never told us about meeting a wolf, like, ever.” Heather said incredulously.

“Well, I actually just met him yesterday. You see, he just walked to me casually and introduced himself as one of the strongest. I said to him to prove it, so he said if it’s okay for us to spar. Then Tada, we arranged a meeting, and I thought of inviting you guys over to watch.” Spirit explained.

They all went back to the clearing, Spirit went to his side of the clearing, and Devin went to the opposite. Apparently, Spirit wanted to spar first before introducing Devin. Heather and Faith were off to one side watching them.

“You ready?” Spirit asked, as Devin nodded.

“One.”

“Two.”

“Three.”

“Go!”

As Spirit gave the signal, they both came lunging at each other. Spirit slid under him and used his legs to launch him in the air. Spirit stood up from the spot and faced up. Right before Devin hit him, He jumped, countering his fall, and making him bounce a few feet away.  Devin stood up and came lunging at him again, trying to land a scratch on him. Literally. It was a spar after all, which means they can actually fight. Spirit unsheathed his claws while dodging a scratch to the face, and jumped up. As Devin passed under him, He used two of his paws to get a scratch on his back. Devin skidded to a stop a few meters away, and turned around. As soon as Spirit landed, he turned around, but it was too late. Devin landed a paw swipe on his face to the side. Devin jumped over him and scratched him four times as he landed on the other side. Spirit turned to him just in time to dodge a bite, and while Devin’s head was above him, Devin took the chance and used his chin to hit Spirit’s forehead. Spirit’s face hit the ground and Devin jumped back. Spirit rose and shook his head, trying to get the dirt off.  “I got some hits on you!” Exclaimed Devin victoriously.

 Spirit smirked, he wasn’t going to end this fight just yet. Spirit lunged at Devin and landed some absurdly fast scratches on his legs whilst Devin was jumping over him. Devin stumbled on his landing, and was down on the ground. Spirit pinned him, and grinned victoriously.

“Alright, you got me. I need to stand though.” Devin said, wanting to get up. Spirit jumped back and let him stand. “Great fight guys! Now, introduction?” Heather said, walking to them with Faith on his side. “Oh, right. Devin, this is Heather, and this is Faith.” Spirit pointed to Heather and to Faith while saying their names. “Heather, Faith, this is Devin.” Spirit pointed to Devin this time.

“Umm… how come Devin’s eyes are white?” Asked Faith, a bit stunned by the fact. Heather looked closer and realized too, his eyes were white. “Hey, yeah, why?” Heather added, also surprised.

Spirit looked closely not noticing it at first. “I didn’t notice it was when I met him… How come your eyes are white?” Spirit asked Devin.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m blind.” Simultaneously, three jaws  hit the ground. “WHAT?!” They all asked in unison, not believing that he was able to fight so good and land some hits on Spirit while blind.

“You see… I am blind, but I sense the air currents to determine where is what, and who is which. For example, that tree.” He pointed to a tree while the others turned to face it. “The air currents around it are flowing, and is separated from the main air we breath, that’s how I know what is which and vice versa.” The other three wolves in the clearing were amazed. Suddenly, one big word  stuck out in Spirit’s mind. Realization. “Wait, is that one of your powers?” Spirit asked.  Devin nodded. The two other wolves were clearly off track, and didn’t know what was happening.

“Uh… what? Are we in some magical fantasy land or something?” Asked Heather incredulously while Faith giggled a bit.

-------------------------------LATER  AFTER EXPLAINING EVERYTHING DESMOND TOLD SPIRIT AND THE POWERS…----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well, I think that’s all, though, I don’t expect you two to believe it right away.” Spirit said, ending the explanation. The two shook their heads. Spirit sighed in response, he knew they wouldn’t believe him. Devin chuckled suddenly. “What’s so funny?” Spirit asked, annoyed.

“Has it ever occurred to you that we can just prove it?” Devin smirked. Spirit’s ears perked up, apparently, that was enough to let him know. Devin stood up, and he raised his paw in front of Heather’s face, but not too close. Out of nowhere, fire appeared in his paw, and his paw was now burning. But at least, it didn’t look like it was getting burned. “WHOA!!!!” Two voices exclaimed and they both jumped back. The fire disappeared, and the paw didn’t have a single hint of getting burned. Devin put his paw down and chuckled at the two’s reaction. Spirit was also watching, and he was amazed. He knew about the powers, but he never really got to see a wolf use it for themselves.

“So that’s proven. Also, I think me and Devin should be getting back to camp. It’s getting a bit late.” Spirit said. Devin agreed, and they both said their goodbyes while heading back to camp.

Spirit and Devin this time were the ones to exchange goodbyes and go to their den. Spirit fell asleep right after he closed his eyes, there’s been a lot of action in his life lately, and it was exhausting.

[A/N] SO! I SAID FAITH IS GONNA BE SPIRIT’S LOVE TEAM BUT…

Do you want me to add such mushy and celestial non-sense emotional sentences to the story?  Like,  “They just met a day ago, but Spirit was feeling something in his chest telling him that she was something special.” LIKE, SERIOUSLY?!?!? There’ll be time for romance and more friend interactions in the next few chapters. Its… really close, I promise. And since I’m planning on making this a series, I’m going to have to ask the readers on what do they think should I name this series?  I’m also planning on making lots of stories for the series. And… should there be more characters for Spirit to befriend? Or is it enough? I think it’s enough. Anyways, yes, I’m serious about the everyday update. So, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and, note: THERE SHALL BE LOTS OF ACTION FROM THIS CHAPTER ONWARDS!

Bai.

~Peace