Chapter 4 - Orpheus

Zee was running down the hall leading to the main control center of the space ship as fast as he could, trying to push his feelings aside he screamed

"Initiate emergency shield activation, HURRY"

"ACTIVATION IN PROCESS," said the alarm

"Faster!! Faster"

"EMERGENCY SHIEL ACTIVATED"

"Come on Park, immediate reconnection please" Zee screamed as he was reaching the room. 

"WARNING:  SHIELD DAMAGED"

"Come on Park, don't leave me alone it's not the right time!" 

All the while he was trying to do something about this and take control of the ship, pressing buttons here and there. Typing the emergency codes on the huge computer screen but nothing was working out... 

"I'm here Zee..."Park's voice breaks through all the noise in the room

"Where were you?!!" asks Zee as he is typing the last emergency code in the hope it would help them get out of the situation they were in...

"Disconnected...as you had asked me to Zee"

"Help me get out of this shit! I'm lost" Zee asked, starting to lose any hope

"CALCULATION IN PROGRESS," says Park

"SHIELD NO LONGER WORKING" the alarm warns him 

"Come on Park, Faster!" at this rate Zee had all his hopes in Park, he had given up trying to get out of the situation by using the huge machine control computer. The ship was rocking him in all the direction, his head was starting to spin due to all the jolting. 

"Trajectory identified until 76%" says Park

"HURRYY" answers Zee

The room was shaking really hard and Zee was hardly standing and holding on the board to not fall. 

"Trajectory identifie, high risk of impact with unidentified object....request confirmation of pilotage"

"GRANTED" screamed Zee, he was close to losing consciousness right now, just as he was about to faint, everything stopped and Park spoke again "out of danger, confirmed"

Zee leaned on the table, breath short, trying to regain his composure, his mistake was to let his emotions out and let them control him...he would not do that twice, or he won't survive anymore. 

"Park, give me a report," he asks once he feels good enough to talk

"The impact has destroyed the ship to  37%" Park explains

"Which part of the ship is touched?" Zee asks

"The oxygen supply"

Zee is pissed at himself hearing that! if he hadn't deactivated Park for his stupid emotions, then he might not be in this situation! 

"How much?" he asks...he needs to know how much of oxygen they had is gone...

"47% of what we had left," says Park "and there is another problem" he adds

As if this wasn't enough, "What?" asks Zee ready for the worse.

"A magnetic field surrounding Pluto interferes with our navigation system..We're going ahead blindly"

Frustration build up and Zee is again on the verge of giving in to his emotions but he takes a deep breath and conceals it. "Can we finish the mission?" he asks