His hair was greying and was messy all over. He continued staring at me as if I asked him could I have 100 dollars for a snack.

"Dad?" I whispered, suddenly scared. I stepped back into Adrian. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I looked up at Adrian. He was watching dad with narrowed eyes. "Dad!"

Dad blinked and looked at us. "Why are you kids here? Aren't you suppose to be at school?"

"Schools' over." I mumbled. He blinked looking at the clock.

I heard him mumbled something but I didn't quite catch it. "Where's mom?"

He flinched and stood up. "She will be back soon." He laid his hands on our shoulders and gave us a forced smile. "Let's go pick up Amanda yeah?"

~ ~ ~

I have been walking for a while now. Tree's were piled up against one another on each side of me.  I kept looking behind me too see if a car was coming.

"She lives in the woods or something?" I mumbled.

I pulled out my phone and dialed her number. Soon she picked up.

"Hello? Anita where are you?"

"In the middle of nowhere. You live in the woods or something?"

I heard her whispering something. "I thought I was picking You up?"

My mouth opened then closed. I forgot. Shit.

"Oh... I um.. Can you just pick me up here?"

"Where are you?"

"By tree?" I squeaked.

She sighed. "I'll be on my way."

She hung up and I just stayed where I was. 

My eyes closed and a sigh escaped my lips.

"No! Your always leaving me! Just like mom!"

A sob broke through my lips and I covered my mouth, holding it in.

I shook my head and swallowed back the tears in my ears. I haven't cried since mom left. I am not about to start now.

Soon a car pulled up. A blue Toyota. I smiled at Shonna and Squinted my eyes at Beard guy.

Hm... That's her boyfriend?

I got in the car, setting my bag besides me. Shonna smiled but her smile dropped.

"Have you been crying?"

I cringed. "I don't cry."

"Everyone cries-"

"Not for 7 years. I don't cry." I said it in dry tone. She dropped the topic and looked at Beard guy.

"This is Charlie. My boyfriend. Charlie this is Anita." I looked at beard guy and he gave me a sloppy smile.

"Hi Lun- I mean Anita." I raised a brow. "Nice to meet you."

I nodded and returned the smile. "Nice to meet you too, Mitche- I mean Charlie."

He flashed me a full blown smirk and I laughed lightly.

~

As I walked down the rocky path with Shonna and Charlie, a few people glanced at me. I knew Shonna lived with her boyfriend and his family but damn... How much people needs to live with the other?

"You must be rich." I half laughed emotionally. "Lots of houses."

There was a huge red brick house, almost like a mansion sitting in the middle of the green covered filed with little white houses surrounding it like a town.