CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
"now, to the races"

Peggy patted down her pastel yellow dress as she looked herself in the mirror. Her hair draped unruly on her shoulders. Even after 19 years, she still hasn't figured out how to tame it. She fell back down onto the bed and sighed, looking at the high ceilings of Tommy's house.
Tommy had the whole family, apart from Peggy, in his office. "Couldn't you just trust her, Tom?" Ada sighed, "she's a good girl."
"It's not about trust, Ada."
"Then what is it about?"
Before Tommy could answer, the sound of heels clicking came from outside the door.
She opened the door and the whole family turned and looked at her, most offering a scowl but Polly and Ada offering a welcoming smile. "Oh, sorry, have I interrupted something? I'll be off, sorry again." She waved a hand at the group and closed the door gently.
Her hand rested upon the door. She was tempted to eavesdrop, surely when the Bible said that temptation is a sin, it didn't mean eavesdropping, she thought.
As she stood there deciding whether or not to listen in, the door opened, revealing a very suited-up Finn. "You okay?" He looked at the small girl. "Yes."
"Want to tell me why you were just standing outside of Tommy's office?"
"I was getting lots of information to tell George for when I betray yous all." She joked.
"What?" Finn asked, suddenly very shocked.
"I'm joking, love. I just didn't know where to go."
"Oh, okay." He released he breath he hadn't noticed he had been holding.
"You look very smart." Peggy smiled up at the boy, placing a hand on his chest.
"And you look very beautiful," his eyes trailed down to her lips.
In that moment, everything went quiet. As the couple leaned in for their first proper kiss, the Shelby family came bounding out of the doors.
"Sorry you lot. Are we interrupting something?" Arthur smirked as Peggy and Finn pulled away hastily.
"No. Not at all." Peggy looked at the floor, embarrassed.
"Good. Now, to the races." Tommy sighed.

a/n: this is lowkey a filler because the next chapter is going be insane and i wanted a almost cute moment between finn and peggy w/o any drama.

also don't be a ghost reader, leave a comment and a vote x