~7~ Brett and Burke

The school day has ended. And it's time to go back home. Sheesh.

I have two options. Stay another night at Freddy's house and sneak the Trident out that night when I go for a walk. Or take it with me back home and somehow get past, Dad or Mom. But I don't know what to do. And I don't think Billy or even Rosa and Victor want me staying another night.

It feels stupid to say that I feel like I should stay but Billy seems to already be one of those kids who isn't easy to be nice and chill. His guard is up, but...

"Seen Billy at all?" Freddy asks me. I shake my head.

"I hope he gives us our things back. That was really important." I sigh as I shut my locker.

"He probably wanted to get the price out of it." Freddy supposes. "For both of them. They're both strong metal, that are important to superheroes. And if Wonder Woman or Superman knew we had it, they would probably go crazy!"

I laugh a little as we step out of the school building. I see Billy, in front of us who just walks forward passed, Mary. I roll my eyes. It seems he doesn't want to settle in but I don't understand why he has to be such a jerk sometimes.

"Forget it, Y/n. He'll come through eventually."

"And if he doesn't?" I ask as we walk down the steps.

"You can find him if you'd like. Fly!"

I chuckle alongside him, just as a black car starts to pull up beside us. 

"FREDDY!! Y/N! LOOK OUT!!"

I let out a yelp and Freddy grunts as the black car rams into us. I fall to the ground, feeling my wings underneath my jacket crushed. Billy hesitates, seeing the pained look on my face.

Freddy also seems to be in pain as he struggles to get to his feet.

"Freddy, Y/n, are you okay!?" Mary asks pulling us up. 

Two boys get out of the car as Freddy says yes. However, I instantly get to my feet. Mad. Here's the thing.

I don't have powers, but if I did. Me and Freddy assume it will be the element of darkness. I have a very bad temper.

"What the fucking hell!?"

"Language Y/n!" Brett laughs at me.

"What is wrong with you two?" Mary asks beside me.

"Oh, ho!" The two Breyer's seem to ignore us, however.

Brett and Burke grab us, shoving us against the car as we wince in pain.

"No way that's gonna buff out."

"You gonna pay for that, you two?"

"Uh, for the dent you made almost hitting us?" Freddy asks.

"Or the dent that's been made in your titanium skull?" I ask, chuckling but an angered smile on my face.

I struggle in Burke's grip and he only tightens it. Billy watches from afar so I take this move to knee him in the crotch. Burke yells which catches Brett's attention. Freddy smirks.

"Yeah, sure, we'll pay. Um...you guys take these?" 

Freddy throws up two middle fingers and starts laughing nervously. The boys laugh with him, but only for a second.

"Say we throw em down?" Brett asks.

"Gladly."

Freddy and I grunt as we're tossed to the ground. Burke kicks me in the stomach as Brett kicks Freddy. They have no remorse. I try to kick them back but Burke kicks me a bit higher than the waist which makes me hiss in pain.