Chapter 22

The final bell rang releasing all the students from Hemlock High. Alyse made her way out of the school, only to spot Olivia standing at the bottom of the stairs. Alyse slowly and cautiously approached Olivia, before greeting her. "Mrs. Godfrey, what brings you here?"

"Oh please darling. You're about to become my daughter in law. No need to be formal. You can call me Olivia. Or even mom if you would like," Olivia said.

"Okay, Olivia. What brings you here," Alyse asked again trying not to lose her cool.

Olivia sighed before speaking up. "I wasn't sure how to tell you all of this without stressing you out. But we moved the wedding up. I understand that the original agreement was set for after graduation, which is when Roman takes his rightful place as the head of the institute. But I wanted to take some pressure off the both of you. And when Roman accepts the Godfrey institute, the both of you will be married, you will take on the Godfrey name. then you and Roman can focus on more important matters...giving me many beautiful grandchildren to spoil with love. You're not upset or disappointed by this sudden change, are you?"

"Not at all. It's just a huge surprise. Does Roman know about the sudden change," Alyse asked.

"It was his idea darling. Oh and don't you worry about a thing dear. Remember you are meant to be a Godfrey. You have what it takes. That and it will be nice to finally see my son settle down with one girl, rather than running around with the flavor of the hour. Lets not forget how excited Shelley is, now that she's gaining a sister in law. Don't want to go and disappoint her now, do you," Olivia asked knowing that by mentioning Shelley, Alyse wouldn't be able to say no.

"I'm glad Shelley is excited," Alyse said.

"Good. Oh and don't worry about your wedding dress. I found the one that I know Roman will love," Olivia said.

"But I thought the wedding day was about what the bride wants and what makes her happy," Alyse said.

"Oh don't you worry. You will be happy with the wedding dress too. But anyway as much as I would love to stay around and chat with you, I do have to run. I have a lot to take care of, and so little time to do it all. See you at the dinner tonight to celebrate you becoming my daughter in law in the coming weeks," Olivia said before leaving Alyse standing there shocked.

"In the upcoming weeks," Alyse questioned, unaware that someone was standing behind her.

"So the rumors are true. You and Roman moved your wedding day up. Was it so the both of you could welcome a new born ingot the family sooner," someone asked.

Alyse turned around and spotted Ashley Valentine standing there. "I don't have time for your whore games. Go find someone to fuck and leave me alone."

"You know that I had hopes that Roman would come to me, wanting to pursue something with me," Ashley said.

Alyse rolled her eyes. "It could still happen. When has Roman ever stopped to think about somebody but himself? He will gladly fuck you. It doesn't' matter if he's going to be married or not. He's never going to change his ways." Alyse then walked away before Ashley could reply.

I have to find out the real story of what's going on. Maybe I can get Alyse alone to talk to her about it, Christina thought to herself before following Alyse. Christina waited until they were in the school parking lot before she called out to Alyse, stopping her from getting into the car. "Excuse me, Alyse. Do you mind if I talk to you for a second?" Alyse turned around and spotted Christina Wendell standing there.

"No, I don't know where the Sworn whores are. If you're here to start in on me about wanting to fuck Roman Godfrey, I'll say what I said to the last whore. I don't care what you do with him, because he won't change for anything," Alyse said trying to hide her pain.