Ch. 29 Unexpected Visit

~Y/n pov~

I turned my head at thesound of my front door opening, it must be MJ, she's the only one with a key.

I emotionlessly turned my head back to the white ceiling and stared blankly at it, I had cried so much I just physically couldn't anymore.

My body ached all over.

Click, my bedroom door twisted open and someone walked in quietly dumping their bag on my bedroom floor before walking towards my bed.

"Hi." they said and you'll never guess who it was.

It was.... Peter, the nerve he has to show up, MJ must of given him her key.

He sighed when I didn't have any reaction, "MJ told me everything."

I sighed irritated but didn't turn to look at him.

Peter crouched down beside my bed and nervously reached for my hand, "Look I messed up.."

"Sure did!" I scoffed.

Peter sighed in response, "Just... Let me explain."

I stubbornly scowled, "Fine!"

"The reason I'm going with Liz is-" I cut Peter off.

"You don't have to explain yourself! I get it..you like Liz, I was foolish to think someone like you would like someone like me." I smiled sadly, "Look just forget it." Tears brimmed the corners of my eyes as my voice cracked, "I'm not worth it, I'm.. I'm not worth your kindness. Just go be with Liz, I'm happy as long as you are." I tried to convince myself more than convince Peter but it was obvious I was hurt.

"Listen.." Peter started, "I think your amazing I really do, and I.. I like you okay? I was just so so scared, I didn't think someone like you would ever like me back."

"Someone like me." I inquired quietly.

"Yeah, you know, someone so smart, pretty and talented all at the same time." Peter frowned, "Why would you have any reason to go with me? A stupid, ugly nerd."

"Peter your not ugly." I stood up and engulfed him in a hug, he gently rested his head on my shoulder, "Your cute, funny and very intelligent, you may be dorky but it's adorkable!"

He chuckled lightly at your pun.

I pulled away slightly and frowned, "But that still doesn't explain why you went with Liz."

Peter sighed, "Originally, I was going to ask her because I liked her, but then I realised, you have always been there and where has Liz been? No where, she didn't even want to be friends before she knew I 'knew' spider-man. I realised I wanted to ask you but then I was clouded with all these doubts. Then I found out some information. "

Peter took a deep breath and looked around to make sure that no one was spying on us," I think Liz's dad is the vulture, so I need to find out by myself, think of it as a spy mission."

" I understand, after this is all over let's see where we stand yeah?" I asked glad that he returned my feelings, "Need help with the mission?"

"No." Peter said sternly, "sorry, but this is my fight." he apologised, "and I might get help from Ned."

I nodded, "I understand, I guess I will go to be with MJ since Ned seems to be helping you, should I inform MJ?"

Peter nodded, "Yeah, Ned already knows." he looks around as a silence filled the room, "Gotta go, got things to do."

"Yeah cya!" I shouted after him as he left.

I felt a swell of happiness bubble up inside of me.

~*~
_____________________________________
593 words