Chapter 8 - Making Friends.

Start from the beginning

"Drop it Zack. Tell me how was your calculus test"

"Dude," Zack whined and started telling about all the miseries of his life.

"It sucked to the core. That red head-"

" 'Ms. Simpson' -Zack" Olivia interrupted.

"Yeah that, she just hates me from New York to New York."

"Meaning?"

"Oh god. You are so oblivious, Olivia. It means from New York, going around the world and coming back to New York. Anyways, she set the paper hard on purpose. But even if I had a pocket full of fucks, I wouldn't give her one. I mean, come on, what's the uses of calculus? Instead of solving a problem it just becomes bigger and bigger of a problem."

"It is not that hard, is it? " I butt in.

"Woman, are you serious? Integrate here and then differentiate there. Apart from all this mess, there is a snake in the middle of random numbers and words which always messes with my day."

We laughed as he continued to ramble. The only thing keeping this poor dude sane is his relationship.

"Trust me, I would have helped if it wasn't you. Everytime I try to tutor you, we end up doing everything else except maths." Olivia said and giggled.

Dave smacked the back of Zack's head

"Ow what was that for, bitch? " Zack said rubbing his head where Dave smacked him.

"You don't study and then blame it on the teacher. What are you? Five?" Dave shook his head.

I let out a loud chuckle by the end of Zack and Dave's little argument only for Dave to look at my direction.

Zack started talking, rather rambling to Olivia about his life long miseries and she was listening to him patiently

Zack started talking, rather rambling to Olivia about his life long miseries and she was listening to him patiently. His eyes always shined when he looked at her. They look cute.

"They look cute, don't you think so?." I said to Dave but seemed like he was not interested in them right now. I smiled and asked-

"What happened?"

"You should smile more often. You are beautiful when you smile." He recommended.

I couldn't help but blush at what he just said. I puffed out my cheeks so that he wouldn't notice them but he just poked my cheek, bursting them.

Why couldn't he just say 'you look beautiful' rather than saying 'you are beautiful'. I realized I was still blushing like a fool and I thought it was safe to leave before I give him any more signs. I quickly got up from my seat and took my bag.

"Guys, I have to issue a book from the library. So I will get going." I said. I really needed time for myself and to process whatever happened today. Trust me, it's a lot take in at once for a tiny girl like me.

"Aww. You are leaving already? I wanted to talk to you more but this dummy right here wants me attached to his hip all day." Olivia said with a pout and Zack just kissed it saying something like 'I warned you about this before proposing'.

I chuckled "I will meet you guys tomorrow. I had a nice time with you guys. Bye."

I took one last glance at Dave before I waved them bye and turned in the other direction but someone held my hand. I turned around and it was Dave.

He had his bag over his shoulder indicating that he was proceeding to leave too.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"I am coming with you." he said and shrugged casually.

No! How would you feel when the soul reason of you leaving a place is adamant on coming along with you?

"Y- You can't. I already ate lunch with you. I can't eat more than this. Moreover, what will you do in the library? You will get very bored. We are not allowed to talk there anyways."

"Firstly, the deal was to 'stay with me during lunch' and 'not just eat with me and escape'." He glanced at his watch and then showed it to me.

"There is still 25 minutes left. Secondly, its fine if we can't talk in the library. As long as I get to be with you. Right now, you seem to be the one who wants to talk to me and not the other way around." He smirked.

With those words, he held the sleeves of my top and started pulling me towards the library.

He knew that I wouldn't come on my own and would continue to argue as long as I could. He knew all too well that I don't want to hold hands for it to be on display for everyone either. He knows exactly what I think about.

Was I that easy to read or was it just him?

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

*

*

*

*

Name the stars as you like.

How was it guys?

On a scale of 1-10, how much would you rate the chapter?

Random question: What age did you have your first crush on someone?