𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍

In the short minutes that followed all that was processed in my mind was that I along with my dad and Ahk was that we were being chased by ancient Egyptian guards and a gigantic red octopus. "Dad," I muttered helplessly as I watched Kahmunrah's guards spot us and shout in Egyptian. I made eye contact with my father for a spitting moment before I turned to a breathless Ahkmenrah who suddenly took a step closer to me. There was nothing more I wanted than to get Ahkmenrah out of this alive and breathing.

I turned back to dad with anxious eyes, already I could see that he didn't like what I was thinking of but I sort of knew what I was doing, at least in theory. "Dad listen! We have to split up. Ahkmenrah and I, we'll go to the right. You take the tablet and go the left. It's the best way to lose Kahmunrah's guards and we'll meet up somewhere." I knew Ahk would have separation anxiety from being away from his tablet but it was the best option if the two most valuable items in the museum weren't together.

Before my dad could even have time to agree to my rather good plan, I pulled Ahkmenrah by the wrist into the labyrinth of storage containers. Ahkmenrah ran alongside me, his strides long and athletic. A part of me wanted to stop and admire him, find the time to tell Ahkmenrah exactly how much I knew about our past together and what I really felt for him, but unfortunately, this was not the time or place.

Suddenly I saw the familiar attire of three of Kahmunrah's guards through the gaps in the towers of grates, I pulled Ahkmenrah into a crouch beside me as I tried to slow my breathing and concentrate on how I was going to get the two of us out of this place. Ahkmenrah's comforting green eyes met mine and I saw a gentle and reassuring smile curl upon his lips. Once the three guards moved passed I pulled Ahkmenrah up beside me again by the hand and turned in the opposite direction of the way the guards were going.

I noticed that Ahk was beginning to look a little tired so we slowed to a walk. I let my eyes trail anxiously behind us as we took another turn, I was hoping that we'd find our way to the stairs and go back up to the ground level but we were further away from where dad and I originally come down into the storage department.

"Freya," Ahkmenrah muttered gently, his voice deep and filled with emotion as he pulled me by the wrist and into his chest. For a few good seconds, I wanted to resist the temptation of his soothing sent and gorgeous body and get Ahkmenrah somewhere safer than where we were. Alike always I couldn't resist myself. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist.

"Why did you come for me?" Ahk muttered in my ear in a sad tone, "You know that no matter what I would want you safe." For a moment I smiled bashfully until I regained my composure, "Well I am your guardian, it's my duty to protect you... I've been protecting you, my king, for thousands of years. It's silly for you to think that I wouldn't come for you," Something about my words baffled Ahkmenrah and I tried my best to decipher what I could have said. I must have said too much and judging my that feeling in my stomach I knew I had.

"Freya—," Ahk began helplessly, his grip on me growing tighter. I already knew the words that were coming out of his mouth, I knew that he was afraid to lose me, just like I was afraid of losing him. I met Ahkmenrah's familiar green and startlingly beautiful eyes. I knew that I saw it in his eyes, that he felt the same and that was all the truth I needed.

"Ahk... I know, we won't lose each other again. This time is different, I know it." I wiggled myself out of Ahkmenrah's grip because I knew this time I had said a little too much. It was that I was Ramla but I didn't know how Ahk would take it, I wasn't the same as I was then and I still didn't remember everything. Just mere seconds ago I was just showing a flicker of who I used to be.

Even if we never admitted it to ourselves, we loved one another. For the two of us, as star crossed lovers as we were I knew that. I could recall so many of my past memories in my first life, hopeless confessions, sweet kisses and tangled sheets but there was a different part of myself — Freya, who I am now that I was unsure that Ahkmenrah loved. Freya was new yet all I had known, it was like Ramla and Freya were two intertwined threads of the same soul.

I couldn't stand the idea of being lost so deep in my thoughts so for the next ten minutes of walking I allowed myself to be distracted by counting my steps and diving into the protection of Ahkmenrah. I recalled the way I was trained, trailing behind Ahkmenrah letting him lead the two of us. It felt silly to use it now as we weren't in the leisurely strolling around Ahkmenrah's kingdom — this was so much more dangerous. "Aha!" I exclaimed in relief once we came to a door and a sign that read 'Access to Washington's Art Museum.' Now all was left was to find my father and come up with a plan to save our friends but somehow at always the worst of times I was sinking into a vision. Again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AUTHOR'S NOTE
hey lovelies! i am so so sorry about having such irregular updates but I'd rather take my time and create much better chapters than ones that are rushed, so from now on you'll be revive a lot more better chapters and ones that are a lot longer. i'm finally on school holidays so i should be able to update a whole lot more now. thank you all for your support and 15k wow! i wouldn't have made it this far without all your votes and supportive comments! maddy xx