Chapter 5

After awhile, Anthony ran and hid behind the tower of blocks."Oh no. Where is Anthony?" asked Castiel. Too adorable for words is the phrase which came to mind when Anthony and Hugsy peeked around the blocks."There you are," said Sam, joining in the game of hide and seek. Anthony giggled, and hid again. This time, the two appeared on the other side of the blocks. "BOOO! Say boo Hugsy." "Hewwo," said Anthony, making Hugsy jump up and down as he 'spoke'. The two ducked back behind the blocks, hiding once more. "We seem to have lost Anthony again," said Castiel with a sigh. Jimmy's memories supplied the knowledge of how to play this game, which he had played with his daughter."Ant hide. Dis funny," he whispered to Hugsy. Castiel closed his eyes, and disappeared. Sam frowned, wondering where the angel had gone. Anthony screamed and laughed when Castiel suddenly appeared beside him, joining in. "We hide seeks."A grin formed on Sam's face as he shook his head fondly. "I guess I have to look for Anthony and Castiel," he said, standing up and looking around. "Are they on the bed? No. Are they in the closet? No." "Sammy not finds Ant and Cashtul," Anthony whispered to Cas. Sam looked around the whole room, before looking behind the big tower of blocks. "There you are. Found you." "You did indeed," agreed Castiel with a nod. He looked down at Anthony to see the little boy was holding his bear up in-front of his face and hiding behind it. Cas looked up at Sam, and saw he was smiling. "Aw. Cute," Sam whispered. "Oh dear. I've found Castiel, but I still can't find Anthony. Can you see him, Castiel?" "No, I cannot. We should look some more," said the angel, standing up. The two ignored the giggling coming from behind the bear, and sat back where they were to wait for Anthony to come out. They didn't have to wait long. "CWASH!" The tiny Winchester and his teddy bear came crashing through the tower. The bright coloured blocks fell on and around his uncle and the angel "Oh. There you are," said Sam with a surprised expression. "We looked everywhere for you. Where have you been?" "Ant hided." Bursting into giggles, Anthony started jumping up and down with his bear. "YAAAAAAAAAY!" Castiel and Sam watched Anthony laughing and having fun with his teddy."So is what childhood should look like," thought Sam. Even though he knew it won't really last, he is glad he was around to see it. Later Anthony was tired, so he climbed up onto the bed, and laid down in Castiel's arms. "Anthone seepy." Cas stripped off his trench coat, and gently placed it over The child, who was looking up at him through sleepy eyes. "Sleep Anthony,You have had a very eventful day," he whispered, running his fingers through the soft hair."Mmmm. Nighty night Cashtul," whispered Anthony, closing his eyes, and placing his thumb in his mouth."Goodnight. Angels are watching over you," said Castiel, repeating what he knew Mary Winchester said to her beloved son Dean and what Dean said to Anthony"Woves you Cashtul and Sammy," said Anthony, snuggling into the warm coat, and falling asleep in the arms of the angel.