Chapter 3

Almost half an hour later, Anthony was still on the swing, giggling and bouncing in his excitement. He really loved playing on the swings. He gasped when he heard the familiar music approaching. "ICE CEEM!" he yelled, turning to see the van stop right outside the park. "CASHTUL! ICE CEEM!" Castiel stopped pushing, and turned to look at what Anthony was yelling about. He watched some of the children and their parents walked out of the park and over to the van. "I do not think my vessel has the currency to buy ice cream," he told the little boy, patting down his trench coat. Anthony stared at Castiel with his huge blue eyes. "What?" "I cannot buy you an ice cream. I do not have the..." The blond woman from earlier handed the angel five dollars, and smiled at him. "Buy the little sweetheart an ice cream, he deserves it after the scare he had earlier." "Thank you very much," said Castiel, reluctantly taking the money. "Come on Anthony, let's get you an ice cream." He reached over, and lifted Anthony out of the swing, and into his arms."Fank you," said Anthony, throwing his arms around Castiel's neck. He looked behind him, and gasped when he saw the butterfly following them. "Wook. He wike ice ceem awell." Cas smiled, and stood in line to wait until he could give his order. Instead of being bored waiting, Anthony continued playing with his new winged friend, giggling whenever it came close to him. It landed on Castiel's cheek, which made Anthony point at him and laugh. "Wook Cashtul." "I have made a friend. Anthony blew into Castiel's face, and the butterfly took off again, but flew around the two. "Butfy butfy pwetty pwetty butfy," he sang, bouncing up and down, waving his arms.When it was their turn, the ice cream man raised his eyebrows when he saw the little blond boy with the butterfly in his hair. "Er... What will it be?" "I will have an ice cream please," said Cas, waving the money around. "Yeah, but what kind? We've got all kinds," said the guy, gesturing to the pictures beside him. Castiel's eyes went wide when he saw the huge selection. "Anthony, what would you like?" "Um..." Anthony's big eyes searched the pictures, and landed on the one covered in chocolate and sprinkles. "Dat. And Cashtul awell.""I do not require sustenance." At the confused look on Anthony's face, Cas rephrased it. "I do not need food." "But... but it ice ceem. It yummy," Anthony told him, using the puppy dog eyes Not able to say no, Castiel agreed. "Very well. We will have two of those chocolate ones please." "Coming right up," said the ice cream man, grabbing two cones.Two minutes later, the little boy and the angel both had ice creams, and were walking over to the benches across the street.Castiel lowered Anthony onto the bench, and sat beside him, licking some of the chocolate. When he looked down, it was to see Anthony's lower face already covered in the ice cream."This is surprisingly nice," Castiel said, taking another bite. As he licked his ice cream, the angel looked up and watched the clouds."Mmmm," agreed Anthony, happily licking his ice cream. He gasped when the butterfly landed on the chocolate and sprinkles. "Noooo. My ice ceem. CASHTUL!" Castiel held out his hand, and the butterfly immediately flew onto his fingers. "Fly home," he told it.Anthony's eyes went wide when it flew in-front of him, wings fluttering like it was saying goodbye, then took off into the sky. "Wow." A minute later, Castiel felt a tug on his sleeve. Looking down, he saw Anthony sticking his tongue out, which was covered in ice cream. Closing his mouth again, Anthony smiled up at him, his little nose scrunched up adorably.Smiling back, the angel went back to eating his ice cream.After the two of them finished, Castiel searched his trench coat to see if he had a handkerchief to wipe Anthony's ice cream covered face."Ah-ha." Finally finding one, he reached over, and cleaned the mess from Anthony's cheeks and nose gently, revealing his freckles. "There you go. I can see you now."Face clean, Anthony stood on his seat, and kissed Castiel's nose. "Fank you, Cashtul," he said, giving him another hug.Surprised at the sudden hug, Cas wrapped his arms around the tiny boy in return. "I only removed the ice cream from your face. That is no reason to kiss me."Anthony giggled, he liked how strange Castiel was, it was funny. "Want see Sammy," he whispered."Okay." Castiel stood with Anthony, not caring that people were around, and disappeared in a flutter of wings.