Academy of Wonder {chapter 5}

Chapter 5:

“So I take it you have yet to get the uniform. It probably is in your room. Once they know your size they pretty much stock your closets and drawers with the things you need. So you never need to worry on whether or not you have something to wear. Well you do have to clean them on your own.” His voice was like silk, so smooth it floated all over my skin.

“Uniform? There is a uniform?” I had yet to notice his outfit, which was so unlike me seeing as I love clothing it must be the boarding school affecting me. He had on white pants with red stitches at the seams. He had on sleek black shoes, sneakers I believe. His jacket was the same white, buttons were red, the breast pocket had a rose stitched to it, and it was red as well. Man, talk about over kill. The sleeves went down to his wrist. And the cuffs were lined with a red ribbon. Would the stupid theme ever end?

“Um…” I was lost for words. What could I possibly say, I was lost for words. “Is my uniform like your’s then? I mean with all the red and white… its kinds odd, you know…” Great. William probably thought I was an idiot. The way I kept drifting off in my responses.

I had to make sure he didn’t. But how could I? Sighing I looked over at him and once more I was struck dumb with the knowledge that this guy was utterly hot. Even the damn uniform looked good on him. Man, I need to get a hold of myself. Come on girl, your not even going to be here long enough to date him. And this guy might even be dating another girl and thinking that your falling all over him is plan old desperate. If there was one thing in this world that I would never be, it had to be that. I was never desperate.

“Yeah, it’s along the same line, other then the fact that you guys wear skirts. You know, following tradition and all. They are about knee length, some come shorter depending on your own preference.” He wasn’t even looking at me as he spoke. I wish he would turn around. I wanted to see his face again. Get over it girl… “You get to pick your own shoes as long as they are black. They recommend not wearing heels due to the fact that there is a lot of walking to and from classes. But you look good in heels and seam to work easily in them. Uh…. I mean…” His face had turned a bright red. I though it was cute.

His bright red face matched the uniform too. I thought that was funny and giggled a little. I didn’t want him to hear me because he might think I was laughing at him. That would be bad. It would be very bad indeed.

Thankfully, we finally reached the door that was labeled 313. SO this was to be my new prison. I took a moment to put down the boxes I had carried and took out the key from my pocket. I slipped the key into the whole and turned the lock. I didn’t know if William or Dave herd it, but the click that came from the lock was like the final click on my lock. It was the preverbal lock of me staying here. It was like unlocking the door meant that I accepted the fact that I was stuck here. For a long time… Damn my mother for this.

“Well after we bring up the rest of your boxes, I’ll leave you to tidy up. Then at dinner time, I would be happy to escort you to dinner. That is if you want me to…” He left it hanging as he walked in and put the boxes on the floor. Did he just ask me to dinner? Oh my goddess… Now I was truly speechless.

Did escorting mean he was taking me somewhere? That was like going on a date…was it not? Or maybe he felt bad that I was new and didn’t know my way around. So he probably was just being nice. Damn this. I hate not knowing how the other person felt or thought.

He left and helped Dave with the rest of the boxes as I just stood in my room with my mouth handing open. Was I waiting for a fly to enter…no. I shut my mouth and smiled at William.

“Thank you for helping me with my boxes. I hope it was no trouble or inconvenience for you. I’m sure you’re busy with many things. But I truly appreciate the help you have given me.” I smiled brighter at him. Even if he didn’t want to date…I could still tease. I was good at it too.

“This was not trouble at all. I am always willing to help someone in need…If you do need anything, and I mean anything, just come to my room. It’s room 103. It’s on the bottom floor. Now I must leave, and until later. Good day.”

He was way polite to me. Wow he was cool and polite and hot. Have I died and gone to a torture chamber? First I’m in hell and now I’m in heaven. Sometimes it’s not nice to play with a girls mind. Wow what odd first day.

“Sorry miss. But I must get back to the car and head back to your mothers. But I shall be back tomorrow with the rest of your things.” Dave wiped his brow and smiled. “I do hope you enjoy your first night. Good bye Miss White.”

“I’ll be fine Dave. Thank you for your help today. I appreciate you taking the time to do this. Be safe on your way back. And don’t worry about the rest. I gather all I need is my books. I’ll send a moving truck for them. Good night Dave. Be safe.”

After he left I sat on the bed. It was silk. Nice and smooth to the touch. I would have liked it more, if it had not been for the fact that it was red. Even in the rooms they stuck to the damn theme. I think this was far beyond over kill. Something needed to be changed. I wanted to take a nap too. I sighed and lifted the covers and sheets to find a surprise. The other sheets where black. Silk, red, black, oh now this was to my liking. I could come to like this part of the school.

Maybe, just maybe I had this place wrong. William was nice to me unlike the other people I had met from here. The place was a tad to big on their theme. But the place was indeed nice. Maybe I should give it a chance after all. I mean I knew I was stuck here for a small time.

That was until I could find my way out of here. This place had no chance of actually keeping me in. I would leave. And I bet by the time I did, they would want me gone. With that thought a smile slid onto my face, you know on of those smiles that appear after a person has a really evil idea. Yeah, one of those smiles. Because, after all, I knew things were about to change. This place had no idea of what I was going to do. With that last thought I slipped into a light nap. Yes, they had no idea of what was about to happen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry guys. I have been so busy and I'm having a hard time believeing in my own skill. That kinda why I started doing this. Any how I have decided to make these 'chapters' mini ones. That way I can explore my ways and grow to learn how to make a real chaper. I do hope you enjoy this fresh installment of the storie, I have recently found my joy in writing again and have been building this stoire. I just now have to type it... -SIGHS- lol, any how, read, enjoy, post if you dearly wish to. And remember to do the things that make you happy too. LOVE YOU ALL>.>

<.< PLUR !!!!

~*~ FLAMES ~*~

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++