Chapter two.

*EDITED*

I step out of the shower and dry myself off after wrapping my hair in a towel. After putting on the clothes Lauren had lent me I make my way to the door until I hear a familiar voice from outside.

I stop and try to hear the conversation, not really getting anything. I hear the bedroom door handle move and the last few words of their conversation.

“You’re going to be king soon, I know you don’t agree to having a slave but if you don’t have one people are going to think we are slacking at the whole royal thing. Her name is Lacey, she a couple years younger than you.” Stefan explains.

“Fine,” a new voice answers back giving me goosebumps. The door shuts and I hear a faint sigh before the bed creaking.

I don’t move for a while. I don’t know if I should go out there with ‘Blake’ because I don’t know what he’s like. Will he kill me because he doesn’t want a slave? Will he kick me out of his room? The worse that could happen is him killing me, but it’s not like that’ll be as bad as it sounds.

“Are you okay in there Lacey?” Blake asks through the door.

“Mhm.” I slide the lock across and slowly swing the door open after picking up my dirty clothes.

As the door opens I take my surroundings in and look for ‘Blake’.

He was lying on the bed facing the ceiling, I pretend I don’t see him and make my way over to the dirty laundry basket beside the desk.

I take a closer look at the photo frame and take in that Blake is in the photo too. He’s got dark hair, a lip piercing. He doesn’t look bad.

“I’m Blake by the way,” his voice distracts me.

“Lacey,” I whisper as I turn around.

“Nice to meet you,” he sighs.

“What’s wrong?” I make my way over to the bed and sit on the edge as far away from him as possible.

“Lauren started bugging me as soon as I walked through the door; she always wants to know how my stupid dates go.” He moves his arm to cover his eye. Obviously a touché subject, I don’t reply in case they can hear me giving Blake advice after I first met him.

“Don’t worry, the bedrooms are sort of sound proof, for you know what reasons.” He doesn’t even make a crude joke about it like any other boy would. Maybe I’ll get along with Blake after all.