Chapter 34: Flying to the Moon

Start from the beginning

She laughs looking down at her phone making me curious, "What is it?"

"Sienna wants me to go clubbing with her".

I frown, "Last time that didn't end up well at all..."

She rolls her eyes, "Relax Gio I'm not going. I would rather stay here doing nothing all day with you anyways".

I narrow my eyes, "Are you calling me boring miss?"

She holds her head up high, "Yes sir I am".

With that I take after her as she runs downstairs.

***

The next morning we wake up early and fill the car up with suitcases.

We had just got off the phone saying goodbye to Samantha and Gust and now we were getting ready to leave the house.

Less squeezes my shoulder, "Alright man call me when you reach".

I smile, "I will and I thought you told my mom you were coming for the party".

He scratches his head, "I want valentina to get comfortable here but send my love to tia for me?"

I nod and embrace Valentina, "Take care, yes?"

She smiles but I can see her nervousness.

I pull her closer whispering in her ear, "He told me he won't drink anymore but if he does-and I doubt-but I need you to find one of my men then call me sí?"

She nods her eyes filled with fear, "Would he ever...?"

I give her a dark look, "No and may God help him if I find out he does and I always find out".

I release her and pull Sophia away from Less.

"Alright darling let's go to the moon".

She giggles, "Only if you promise I'll see a star".

Less fake gags and Valentina smiles.

I take hold of Sophia's hand leading her to the car.

***

"How many planes do you have?"

I pull out my computer and usher a flight attendant over to get some water.

"10".

"They're all private jets?"

I nod, "Why are you so suddenly interested".

She shrugs, "I think it's cool but flying in private jets is bad for the environment-not that I'm trying to tell you what to do. You could ride first class or economics like the rest of us. Anyways I'm ju-"

I cut her of smiling, "Your just saying".

Standing up I walk over to her seat and hand her the water bottle that the flight attendant brought over.

"Here, you haven't drank water today".

She takes it from me, "Your very observant. You notice everything that I wouldn't think to see".

I shrug, "I have to be if I don't want to get killed and I fly private because It's safer".

She scrunches her nose, "Why is it safer?"

I flick her forehead, "I like intelligent women, but my dear don't you know that curiosity killed the cat? Let's just say I have a lot of enemies".

Walking back to my seat I close the blinds so I could began working on documents.

I can tell Sophia wants to ask more questions but it's in her best interest not to. I love watching her face scrunch up and her eyes narrow whenever she is trying to process information or whenever she is about to ask a question.

But the more she knows the more dangerous her life would be. I don't want her to be like me. Sophia is my safe haven, she makes me feel more human, she makes me love living.

Remember to Vote!