"Babe, I thought we have talked about this already?"Pierce asked and Nicky slowly nodded.

"But...nevermind."Nicky answered and she jumped off the bed.

"Hey, hey, Dominique."Pierce said sternly and he followed her.

"Dominique, wait."Pierce said and he carried her.

"We're still talking love."Pierce whispered and Nicky looked at him. He sat on the bed and he let Nicky sit on his lap.

"I just don't want mommy working so much that she forgets about me. Daddy, I understand mommy but what about me?"Nicky asked and she started sobbing.

Pierce hugged her tight and he have no words to say to her. He loves Meryl so much but he also loves Nicky. Nicky became his everything in a snap and he can't take seeing Nicky in this state.

"Baby, calm down. I'll talk to mommy, daddy's here."Pierce whispered and he started rubbing her back.

For the rest of the day, Pierce tried to comfort Nicky, he tried entertaining her but then, she is like Meryl. No matter how hard you try to distract her from her thoughts, it'll always be in her mind and for Meryl, the only thing that can distract her from her thoughts is of course, alcohol.

"Mommy's almost home Nicky, smile for dad."Pierce said the moment he recieved Meryl's text but Nicky just looked at him blankly.

"Daddy, I'm scared to tell mommy what I feel."Nicky said almost a whisper.

"But babe, mommy needs to know. She will understand you, trust me."Pierce said calmly and Nicky just nodded.

After a few moments, Meryl arrived and she found Pierce and Nicky on their bed, with Nicky on Pierce's lap and she is hugging Pierce.

"Hey, I'm home."Meryl greeted and she crawled on the bed to Pierce and Nicky.

"I missed you both."Meryl uttered and Pierce kissed her.

"Nicky, mommy's home."Meryl said and she sat beside Pierce. Nicky looked at her and she immediately went to her mother's lap and hugged her so tight.

"I missed you."Meryl whispered and she kissed Nicky's forehead.

"I missed you, too, mommy."Nicky replied and Meryl looked at her.

"Is there something wrong baby?"Meryl softly asked and Nicky shook her head. Meryl looked straight into Nicky's eyes and there, she knows that something is up with her.

"I'm fine mommy."Nicky softly answered and she buried her face on her mother's neck. Meryl eyed Pierce hoping that he will say something about what's concerning Nicky but he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Wanna eat dinner now?I bought in-n-out burgers and Domino's pizza."Meryl uttered and Nicky went to her father.

"I'm hungry."Nicky said and Pierce carried her.

Meryl clung on Pierce's arm as the family head to their kitchen. Pierce is seated at the head of the table as usual, Nicky is at his right and Meryl is at his left. The whole meal, Nicky's been silent and Pierce and Meryl are the only ones talking. Meryl noticed Nicky's sudden change of attitude. She knows that even though Nicky got her father's features, she got her mother's talkative trait.

The three are now in the master's bedroom and Nicky is distant from her mother. She is more attached to her father now and it concerns Meryl.

"Pierce, is there something wrong with Nicky?"Meryl asked the moment she knew that Nicky is already asleep on his chest.

"I think I don't have the rights to talk about it."Pierce answered and Meryl looked at him with pleading eyes.