3. The Tunnel and the Bikers

As soon as the pair ventured in, Mob raised his hand, a flat palm, as if pushing something away.

Reigen could see his shishou's aura coming to life. A glowing purple, blue, magenta that was simply stunning.

"Reigen, please back me up."

Reigen trailed only three steps behind his master, watching as the bursts of physic energy made small fireworks in the air. No doubt, spirits that Mob-shishou had exorcized. His skin felt like there were pins and needles, but Reigen couldn't care less.

After a while, Reigen has prepared his salt, and ran off ahead, hoping to exorcize spirits himself. He didn't encounter any within a yard or two of Mob.

Then deeper into the tunnel, it was dark, darker and darker. Suddenly a faint blue glow appeared, and Reigen immediately jumped back, on guard, with salt in hand. He held his flip phone out, shining a light into the darkness.

Reigen didn't have to wait long before the spirit took its form. A large, heavily muscled man, with blue skin, and purple lips. The spirit also had a prominent double chin, solid black mustache and a yellow bandanna tied around his head like a crown, a character boldly printed onto it. The character read leader, or sergeant.

Reigen relaxed immediately.
"Oh, just a pro-wrestler huh? Sir, what are you doing here? Don't you know this tunnel is haunted?"

"REIGEN!" Mob shouted, dashing over.

"Oh, yeah, this is my Shishou-"
"Reigen! This is the spirits' boss!" Mob said, putting himself between Reigen and the spirit.

"Whaaaaat?! So he is a monkey?! How could this have happened?! I've been deceived into thinking you were a pro-wrestler!" Reigen ran to the corner, sulking.

The spirit's face became crinkled as the spirit became angry.

"I AM THE LEADER OF MY BIKE GANG, WHO SLIPPED ON A BANANA PEEL AND CAUGHT MY ENTIRE GANG IN AN ACCIDENT!"

"THIS IS OUR TERRITORY, ALL INTRUDERS MUST DIE."

"Here it goes. FEEL MY HATE."

"BURNING POLTERGEIST!" The spirit shouted, swinging his fist at Reigen. A torrent of spirit fire followed.

Reigen saw the fist coming, but didn't react quickly enough to block the attack. Instead, Mob's aura formed a protective bubble around Reigen.

The poltergeist reeled back in shock.
'What? I thought this kid was just a rat!'

Reigen then punched the spirit in the face with a salt smeared fist.

"SALT PUNCH!"

The spirit's head snapped backwards, but then the spirit rubbed his cheek. The punch had no effect.

Reigen felt a drop of sweat drip down his cheek.

Then suddenly the spirit felt a tugging.

"No... NOOOOOOOO! I'm vanishing!" The spirit shouted.

Mob snapped his fingers, and the spirit vanished.

Both of them sighed in relief.