I Am Blessed

My names Blessed im 5 feet 10, 19 and have long black hair with one odd quirk, i have a long blue streak in my hair a bright glow in the dark kinda blue. its not a dye job. i was born with it. really. in less than 2 weeks ill be 20. November 10 to be exact. both my parents are dead. my mom died giving birth to me and my dad,5 years ago... november 10. ya i know,my birthday. lets just say its not a day of celebration for me its a day of remerberance. i live with my pappa, he was there when i was born and when mom died...he said when i came out and he saw the streak in my hair he knew i would be blessed...hence the name. usually around this time of year pappas sullen but not today. today he was different ...

pappa and i live above our family owned shop. its what most people, including me call a junk shop, but what pappa and my uncle jazz call a treasure seekers paradise. this morning started out the usaul way pappa, trying to shove a plate of over cooked eggs my way and me dodging it. i was late for work..again. i would have and should have been fired along time ago..but hey, workin in the family business does have its bonuses. i cant complain...not yet anyway. i ran down the stairs to the shop as fast as i could jumping over fallen boxes and mops. we were moving shop. for some reason pappa and uncle jazz decided to expand the family buisness. wading through the "treasures" i started turning lights on as i went. uncle jazz was no where in sight, nothing unusual there. uncle jazz is what alot of peolpe would call eccentric. me, i call him wierd. i havent seen him more than a handfull of times in the last few years...actually now that i think about it i havent really seen him half that since my dad died. i spotted the glass orb on uncle jazz's corner desk....everyday without fail uncle jazz has left my to do list there. i rounded the desk and picked up the glass orb. no list. "what?' i said outloud. i turned towards the back of the store, looking past the old filing cabinet. to the wooden door that looks as if it was made eons ago and has been there as long as i can remember. i quesy feeling came over me a not right feeling...maybe i should get pappa..this wasnt like uncle jazz not at all. i took a step forward, immediatly the hair on the back of my neck stood.. the feeling of heat was twisting my stomach into knots.