Even after all those years he was still speechless around her. He was just so distracted by everything she does, he literally had to slap himself back to reality, just as he did now. Except this time the slap wasn't from his own hand.

Michelle giggled slightly at his confused reaction, but she couldn't help doing so. She needed to get his focus. Once he looked at her for answers, she just pointed up to the sky and said, "Look."

Above them, the already luminous sky more brilliant than ever as "shooting stars" pass above them. They were sat on a picnic blanket watching the show awestruck. They were sat outside in her back yard, having a quiet moment late at night. Earlier he had snuck in through her window, basket and blanket in hand. And she, with her shocked yet thoughtful expression, suggested they climbed down a tree nearby a guest bedroom window to have their midnight date out in the open air. It was also because she didn't want to disrupt her parents sleep.

The glorious night still enchanted them. Michelle watched with fascination at the quick streaks of light. And though Peter would have done the same, all his eyes really found fascinating was her. Their pair of brown hues together glimmered of more hope than imaginable. Then one of their favorite songs played on the cassette tape. Peter knew it'd be too good of an opportunity to pass up. So after unplugging the set of earpieces to let the music play aloud, he stood up and turned to face her, offering a hand.

Michelle looked at him first puzzled then knowingly smiled. She silently giggled before taking his hand, letting him pull her up and into his arms. "But I can't dance," she whispered a bit of a protest. Peter just shook his head not allowing her to ruin the moment. "Just follow my lead," he advised before placing one of his hands on the curve of her side, while his other grasped her hand firmly.

They started off slow. She tried to dominate in the steps, but after his hand left her hips to make her head face him instead of their feet, she stopped. She let him guide through the dance. His eyes watched her whole expression rather than leveling with the bottom lid of her eyes— granted, she was taller than him by two inches. Although neither seemed to mind.

When he twirled her around she laughed joyously, and this time much louder than the others. He smiled and laughed in enthusiasm at her laughter and happiness. His eyes loved to admire her every beauty. Her eyes sparkled in delight. Her smile in similar jubilation. And her figure danced around as the stars twinkled in the night. She looked even more radiant with one of his shirts on her that fit almost like a dress.

Even if they weren't the most graceful dancers they still chose to spin around, barefoot on the grass.

A few more minutes of mocking other dance styles later, Peter spun her for the last time. When she was close to him once more, he made himself fall backwards into the ground pulling her along with him.

They laughed ever so harmonically, and she landed well onto his weight. Though he still hadn't mind as long as she was fine and enjoying herself. And she was. Michelle had been very pleased at how this turned out. The laughter slowly drifted into peaceful silence as their eyes began into a staring competition of admiration. Their minds were set on the same idea: can it stay this way forever?

Peter, in the midst of gazing, started to ponder on the possibilities of their future. What if they wouldn't last long? What if he still didn't find his aspiration, even though Michelle supported him in everything he'd do. What if they surrendered to the odds and theirs become a tragical romance like every good book he knows. So many what ifs, that his mind had forcefully jolt him out of his thoughts.

The reality of it all is that right now, as they've already faced many challenges against them, they'll continue to stay resilient. Instead of speculating the future he wants to stay in the present. For as long as they can, he wants to stay being a kids. Reckless and in love. He snapped back into the view of her caramel eyes, and tilted up to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

With her in his arms, the scenery above them, and the beautiful outro of the last song they danced to, Peter could only think of one word to describe this moment, this era of his life. Perfect.

____________________________________

A/N: Well I hope you readers enjoyed my crappy audio to short story writing. I understand that some of you are silent readers or may not even care, but I beg you to please suggest any prompts or story ideas. I've come to the conclusion that I'm quite lacking in them. If you have any I'll try my best. On another note, I think I may have found a new inspiration to my writing but that'll be a tale due for another time. May I also say I've been watching Anne with an E for a while now and I think I'm starting to love the show to the point where I'm obsessing over it that I may want to write a book.