Chapter 11

Since that day he wouldn't talk to me or even look at me. If I walk into a room, he'll get up and walk out. He won't eat dinner with us because he knows I'm there now. When he wants Kennedy he'll have his mother or someone else come get her.

All because he was looking after me and I flipped. I understand his reasoning, but he should have come talk to me first instead of calling my job and telling them I quit. That's why I flipped when he didn't want me working anymore. I was working too many hours, doing my homework, trying to take care of Kennedy, not eating, not sleeping, not taking care of myself. Period. He just wanted to ease the stress on me. I thought I could do it on my own. People do it all the time. Why couldn't I?

Now that I think about it, I wasn't even mad at him. I was mad at myself. I couldn't work, go to school and take care of my own child. I'm a complete and utter failure. And he's right. It is always about me. I never gave him a chance to explain why he didn't tell me I was his mate. I never gave him a chance to be there for me. I never gave him a chance to be there for Kennedy. He's right I took so much away from him.

"Hey princess." I say, picking up Kennedy.

"Ma." That's right she finally said 'ma', but her first word was dada. Of course. "Dada." She claps. I sigh.

"I don't know where daddy is." I tell her.

"He wants me to come get her." Seth says, coming into my room.

"He's taking her to the park." He tells me. I nod an okay.

"Alright let me get her dressed." I tell him. "You want to go to the park with daddy?" I ask her.

"Dada." She chirps, clapping her hands. I giggle at her.

"Well let's get you dressed then!" I say, tickling her.

"Can I?" Seth ask.

"Sure." I tell him, handing her to him.

"Do you know what mom has planned for her birthday?" He asks me.

"No, she won't tell me. Won't even give me a hint." I groan. "Won't even let me do anything!" I say, throwing my hands up in the air.

He laughs at me. "Do you know how long he's going to be gone?" I ask him.

"Couple of hours. Why?" He asks.

"You want to go shopping with me?" I ask, batting my eyelashes at him.

"Shopping?" he groans. "Why can't we go to the skate park?" He whines. I laugh at him.

"I'll make you a deal. You go shopping with me. I'll take you to the skate park." I bargain.

"Only if you let me teach you how to skateboard?" He bargains.

"No way. I'll die!" I say, shaking my head no. He laughs at me, shaking his head.

"I won't let you die." He chuckles.

I bite my lip, thinking. "Fine." I sigh.

"There, all pretty." He coos at Kennedy after getting her dressed. He's a natural. "Let's go princess." He chirps. "Meet me downstairs."He tells me, walking out the door.

I put on my shoes, grab my wallet and head downstairs. I get there just as they're heading to the door.

"Hey." I whisper to Christian. Of course he ignores me.

"Hey." I say to Amber and Vance.

"Hey shorty." Vance says to me. "What are you up to?"