The Wedding

He had worried. Worried that she had hoped for an aisle to walk down, hoped to wear an elegant white gown, hoped to stand at an altar in front of a loving crowd. He had worried that she wanted all of that as much as (though he would kiss Greyback sooner that admit it) he had. If she did, she hid it expertly.

Instead, they walked hand in hand up the courthouse steps. Tonks' heart still soared. Instead, she wore a lacy white sun dress and a pair of green trainers.(they had agreed to save every penny to pay for a small cottage) Remus' breath still hitched in his throat upon seeing her. Instead they were watched only by the few straggling employees signing off on some final documents before heading home. They still cheered.

Remus has never kissed her that way. Never kissed anyone that way. Perhaps it was the high of having just been married, but Dora was certain that if it hadn't been for her husband's hand holding her firmly against his chest, she would have floated away.

Remus was broken. He was old and poor and dangerous. His wife still loved him.

I honestly didn't expect the reaction this received. I truly couldn't be more flattered. More to come, feel free to nag.