Bought the Brothel

Imagine: Being an escort that Tommy frequently visits and after falling infatuated with you, demands you leave the brothel and join his family.

"Don't act a fool, Mister Shelby." You scoffed, turning from the man and straightening out your blouse. "You know money makes the world go 'round."

Thomas hummed in agreement, lingering in the doorway for a long time before finally entering. The door creaked shut with a deliberately slow guide of the gangster's foot.

"I mean it, Y/N." He pressed, eyes falling on the ruffled sheets of your bed. "This is a filthy place," his icy blue eyes pierced yours and you were stunned, "full of filthy men."

Laughter bubbled in your chest, "Forgive me, Mister Shelby, but this is where we crossed paths." Those intense eyes darted back and forth between yours and you couldn't help but stare when his lips parted. He noticed, mouth curling in a smirk.

"Pack your things, we're leaving tonight." Thomas commanded, somewhat amused. "I'll be doing no such thing." You frowned, growing irritated. "You offend me, Mister Shelby. I think you should leave."

Brushing past him and to the door, you opened it and motioned for Thomas to leave, but he didn't make a move, he just stared at you. More time passed and the two of you continued to stare, then glare.

"You misunderstand, Y/N." His face was intimidating, his features sharp and breathtaking even now. "This particular brothel has been sold to new owners," he leaned over you, hand pressing flat against the door. It slammed shut and you were pinned in a second.

"I-I know this, what difference does it make? Elizabeth has been talking about selling for years." You sputtered, heart racing in your chest. Not once had Tom Shelby ever harmed you, not even by accident. So, why would he now?

"So, you're lookin' at the new owner." Brows furrowed, Thomas waited for your reaction and laughed obnoxiously when he received none. "And as the new owner, I've decided it's best if there are some cuts around here. For business, of course."

Your heart dropped into the pit of your stomach and so did your mouth. "You.."

Thomas let his hands fall onto your petite shoulders as if to comfort you, "You're taking my job? Why?" Tears welled in your eyes and you moaned, "Why would you do that to me, Mister Shelby? This is all I know!"

The brunette smiled, cupping your face in one hand and pulling you close with the other. "You can't tell me you actually like working here. All the scum that comes walking through those doors, I know you hate them."

Tom's voice trembled and he shook you gently, "Come with me and you'll never have to sell yourself again."

You thought hard about it. He was right, you hated the entire concept of selling sex just to avoid being on the streets of London, but this brothel, as horrific as it may sound, was the only home you'd ever known.

"Mister Shelby, I - "

"Tommy." He corrected in a low whisper. You blinked and felt his breath hitting your face, too frightened to look at his eyes. You knew the man intimately, you knew when he was about to kiss you.

"Tommy.." Eyes closed, you sighed and shook your head. "This is ridiculous."

And then, just as you predicted, he kissed you.