One

"Fever dream high
In the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
Bad, bad boys
Shiny toy with a price
You know that I bought it..."
I hear my alarm go off. It's at 7:00 in the morning. I get ready for another boring day of school. I don't even know why I still go. I don't even know what I want to do in the future. I guess I just go for my mom. She wants me to be successful, she wants me to finish school because she never got the chance to. It's only me and her. It's always been me and her. I never knew my dad growing up and I don't want to know him. I'm happy with just my mom.
I finish getting ready and ask my mom for 10$. I drive to Starbucks and order the usual, a strawberry açaí and a banana nut bread. I get to school just in time. I walk to class and sit at the very back. I put my earphones in and just wait till the teacher starts class. I'm not failing any of my classes I have decent grades. Once school ends I head straight home. My mom isn't home, she doesn't get home till later.
I go to my room and go to my desk. I start my homework and try finishing it as fast as I can so I can record a video for YouTube. Yes I'm a YouTuber, I'm anonymous so no one knows who I am. I'm a gamer girl. I'm not that big but I get decent views. Just enough to get paid. My mom doesn't know that I do this because I'm scared of what she might think. I'm almost to 100k subscribers. I play Fortnite and upload games of me playing with friends that I have found along the way and random squads or duos.
I finish my homework and start loading into the game. It takes a while but I don't really mind. I don't have a skin that I use for every video like most do so I just always have the thing that randomly picks skins. I ready up for a game of random duos. I get into the game not long after. The skin that I randomly got was Crystal. I start talking on my mic to see who my duo partner is.
Y/N: hey do you have a mic
Duo partner: yes hi
Y/N: omg you're a girl!
Duo partner: omg so are you!!
Y/N: yea
Duo partner: well nice to meet you
Y/N: nice to meet you, I don't really find that much girls playing this game
Duo partner: yea me neither
Y/N: I'm gonna send you a friend request
Duo partner: okay!
Y/N: so are you good at this game
Duo partner: um no but I'm not that bad either
Y/N: ok same
Y/N: where do you wanna land
Duo partner: um um I don't know you choose
Y/N: oh shit ok let's land at Viking
Duo partner: ok
We jump off the bus and dive straight towards Viking. We start looting and gathering material. No one else landed with us which was really good. I didn't want to die this early into the game.
Y/N: hey so what's your name?
Duo partner: oh um you can call me Cara
Y/N: oh ok and you can call me (your name)
Cara: ok for sure
Y/N: um so I'm a small YouTuber and I was wondering if I could put our game into a video that I'm recording
Cara: yea no problem
Y/N: ok thanks I just wanted to let you know
Cara: yea, what's your YouTube channel I'll go sub
Y/N: really?!
Cara: yess so what's your channel
Y/N: oh um it's (your name)
Cara: ok ima go sub, protect me!
Y/N: ok hurry zone is coming in
Cara is such a nice person. I have a feeling we're gonna be good friends. We talk more and get to know each other. We're almost completely different from each other. But our differences is what is funny to me. She's really funny and we're always laughing. It's almost the end of the game there are at least 3 more duos left and one of them is a solo. I'm at 2 kills and Cara is at 1. We took down two duos the whole game and I hope we win. We decide to stay hiding until the last duo or until we're force to move because of zone. I see that there is one more person, it must be the solo.
Y/N: Cara! There's one more person left we got this!!
Cara: yes yes ok let's look for him
Y/N: or her!
Cara: right lets go!
We find the last guy on top of a hill and by the looks of the zone we have to go up there. I start building up the hill with Cara following behind me. I see him and start shooting like crazy at him. I took away all of his shield and tell Cara to shoot at him. I start building up to get a different angle. Once I'm at the top and get the perfect angle. Cara is knocked. I start shooting at the guy before he could finish her. The last guy started building like crazy so I backed down and tried to get Cara up. I get to the ground and shot at the only support that he had built. I shoot at it. And the slow motion and the big #1 Victory Royal comes on my screen.
Y/N: omg we won!!
Cara: yay!! Nice job y/n!
Y/N: teamwork dude!
Cara: yessss
Y/N: do you want to play another game
Cara: oh sorry I can't I have to take care of my little brother my parents are going out
Y/N: oh ok that's fine.
Cara: we can play tomorrow
Y/N: okay byeee
Cara: byeee
I leave the game and ready up for the next game.
The skin that I randomly got is the Instinct skin. I start talking and asking if my duo partner has a mic. I check the name tag and it reads mrfreshasian. I think nothing of it. But I feel like I've seen or heard the name before.
Y/N: hi hello do you have a mic
There's no response.
Y/N: guess you don't. Ok.
Duo partner: wait yes I do
- - -
- -
-
Word count: 1102 words
New story hello there. I hope I can be able to update this book more frequently than my last one. Anyways hope you enjoyed byeee until next time. YES!