Better Than the Yule Ball

I updated this because I realized I wasn't following the chronological book order of events and I like to do that.

——————-

"Merry belated Christmas!" she exclaimed that morning as he apparated into her living room.

He smiled, relieved to be away from the castle. From his world. In their little alcove. Where he could pretend the world wasn't getting steadily worse. Where he could pretend that his mark wasn't darkening and burning. That the dark lord wasn't close to resurrection. That he may soon have to cease their weekly rendezvous.

But for these next several days, he wouldn't think about that. She launched herself at him, shoved up against the front door. The month of December was busy and they hadn't been able to meet up for six weeks.

He couldn't admit he missed her; he was telling himself that he got used to having sex and the escape valve that it provided. Being greeted by her more than made up for being alone at the blasted Yule Ball. He was annoyed at having to chaperone the Yule Ball full of emotionally charged teenagers, coward Karkaroff planning to flee, and the fact that someone was trying to kill Potter by getting him entered into that damn Tournament.

"Get in my room Master Snape" she demanded, dragging him by the hand into her bed

He laughed at her excitement, ego definitely inflated that she found him alluring, that she looked forward to their meetings as much as he did. It was completely the opposite of any other interaction he had.

"No foreplay. I need you, right now" she told him silkily, motioning him over with her finger, breasts pushed up enticingly in an emerald green bra he hadn't seen before.

"You're all mine witch" he growled, allowing his shields down, and lust to the forefront.

——————

"Fuck me...that was so good" Seren whispered in disbelief as they lay together a few rounds later, both spent and pleased.

"I believe I already did that, and rather well, if I do say so myself" he answered sarcastically, allowing a small smile at her happiness

"Snarky bastard" she insulted him, giving him a sloppy cheek kiss

"I told you so" he kissed her back, wrapping her in his arms, her soft skin scented with peppermint lotion.

"Are we going to pretend that something isn't wrong? You're really stressed..."she whispered a few minutes later as she circled his navel

"Yes. If you want to continue to get together, we need to pretend" he answered sharply, a surge of anger running through his chest

"I heard something yesterday...Should I tell you?" she brushed his hair back, voice reluctant and for once, uncertain.

Her forehead wrinkled, eyes downcast as she kissed his chest absentmindedly

"That depends. Was it about me? Or...something else" he asked carefully, trying to decide if it was dangerous for him to know

Some things he didn't need to be aware of.

"I gave a book about alchemy to a man. He wouldn't give me his name. Blonde hair. Very elegant. Really rich. He was talking to someone while I waited in the other room. He was saying a bunch of names...and mentioned you. But he said you were a traitor...A traitor teaching his son" Seren spoke quietly, refusing to meet his eyes

His heart stopped. She had been in the same room as the Malfoys. And she had lived. He fought the urge to tell her to never go back again. To grill her for every single detail. To see if she was safe.