Because Your Soul Belongs to Me.

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, I was only wondering about why you had come to this estate without a reason." He covered. His voice cracked a bit at the end, which was an odd behavior for him. "I came with a reason, but I hadn't gotten to that yet."

"And what reason would that be?"

"For a butler, your very informal."

"It's you, I don't see why I would."

"Me? Why me? You barley know me."

"In your mind: yes, I don't know you. In my mind: no, I know everything about you."

"And why is that?"

"You don't remember, do you...."

"No, I don't."

"What about our promise; do you remember the promise we made?"

"Um, let me think about it, no."

"Tsk, you've always been such a pain."

"Hey! What did I do?!"

"You've forgotten, imbecile."

"Not my problem."

"Actually, it is."

"And why is that?"

"Because your soul belongs to me."

"My what belongs to who?!"

"Your soul; your everything."

"Ha! Your funny, Mr. Faustus!"

"I am never funny."

"You have an amazing since of humor!"

"I do not contain such insolent behavior."

"Oh gosh, Claude, you got me for a minute there!"

"Miss (y/l/n), I am not joking."

"Ha-ha~"

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)!"

"Eyah, what........ Wait, did I ever tell you my last name?"

"Eight years ago you informed me."

"Wait, w-what did I do?"

"Eight years ago you had the pleasure of informing me of your last name."

"..................."

"Miss (y/l/n)?"

"I-I..... Um, er, h-how did I...." My mind swirled with thoughts. I couldn't get out of the drowning sensation they call fear. Being pulled into this sudden conversation that I hadn't realized we've been talking about for a while now seemed to have taken its toll.

Okay, (y/n), think. Claude Faustus is an annoying piece of crap that needs to get a personality. He's also a person--or piece of crap--that never, ever jokes. Not even when Alois asks him to. But you couldn't have known him eight years ago, could you (y/n)? What if he's telling a lie... Yea, maybe it's a lie. That had to be it, right? Right?! Oh gosh, what is going on? How could he have known me when I was younger, I thought.

My mind kept spinning wildly until my sight fuzed. Eventually, Claude's stature had disappeared and all I could see was black.

¥ Claude's P.O.V. ¥

(Y/n) had fainted in my arms. I suppose she did forget our promise. That's quite upsetting. I sat her body down on her bed when I reached her bedroom. Goosebumps coated her skin.

She wore nothing fancy, just a simple dress that allowed her to move freely. More freely than the usual dress.

Her (f/c) skirt and matching waistcoat fit her petite figure perfectly, a ruffled (different->) (f/c) blouse situated on top of her breasts. She hardly ever carried a parasol, oddly never on cold or rainy days. Even as a younger version of who she is now, she hardly ever carried one. I found that intriguing.

She wore an elegant tailcoat that would usually be worn by men. Unfortunately for her, this was not a surprise when she first met me. Along time ago, this mistress, no, my mistress was a lot like Madam Red. Her timid, conservative personality changed to a more confident, interesting one.

Luckily, she is a reaper--or should I say half-reaper since her mother is a human--so no one could kill her.

At least not easily.

That, sadly, was not true for Angelia. I had heard about the incident when I was doing research on Ciel Phantomhive.

A quiet breath escaped (y/n)'s lips. She looked so peaceful, so innocent. Gorgeous was the only way to describe her beauty. I only wish I could hold her in my arms once more.

Like when we were young.

Like when we were in love.

~Flashback~

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) (y/l/n), get back here!" I scolded. The young (h/c)ette stuck her tongue at me whilst pulling a bit of her lower eyelid downwards. She was MOCKING me! Skillfully, I dashed for her, immediately grabbing her arm and pulling her to my chest.

Her face flushed a bright pink. "Oh, no fair Claude! Your way too fast for me!" She whined. I couldn't help but boast at the unintentional compliment.

"(Y/n), don't run away from me then!" I scolded her again. Her cheeks puffed out and her bottom lip puckered. "Stop that, your too cute when you pout."

Her pink cheeks turned a crimson red. I was enjoying her embarrassment. Her fragile arms crossed over her chest and she averted her eyes from mine. "I said stop that!" I poked at her cheeks. She swatted my finger away. "I've known you for seven years and you still embarrass me, Claude!"

I scooped her up in my arms. "Then you shouldn't tease me, My Lady." I smirked. She replied with a content sigh, burrowing her head in the crook of my neck. Happy with her response, I gently stroked her soft (h/c) hair.

"If only this would last, if only."

Shocked, I lightly pushed her away. Her (e/c) eyes shifted from mine to the ground, then back to mine. "Why would this time we cherish not last?" I inquired. She shook her head, her bottom lip trembling. "I'm leaving for London in a few days to train to be an official reaper, like William."

"You mean your cousin William?"

"Yes, my love."

"Oh, I see.... Then let us treasure the moments we have together till the end."

"Okay..."

"But I will find you, I will come back to you."

"No, live on. Be happy, have a fulfilled life with no regrets. Obtain the happiness you could not get from me."

"I will never be happy, unless I am with you, my dear."

"If so, then promise me this: if I leave and you must find me, make me remember you. I am not the best at remembering my past, so I would like you to remind me of the love I felt with you."

"(Y/n), what is it that you know that I do not?" Her talk about the past and her memory fading worries me greatly.

"You will know when the time is right, if you DO find me."

"Okay then, polymath, our promise will stay with us until our bitter ends."

"Oh, you and your name calling! Okay, I promise, let our promise last forever."

"Forever."

~End of Flashback~

That was before she had gotten into that unfortunate carriage accident, before she had lost years worth of memory, before when she used to remember she loves me.....