"Why?"

"What?" He looked at her.

She put the ring on the table in front of Noel.

"I found this by your bed."

Noel stared at the ring.

"Want to tell me what it was doing there?"

He looked at her.

"How long have you been fucking her?"

"Selena..."

"How long?" She yelled.

"Not long." He said softly.

Selena wiped her eyes and looked at him. He hated the way she looked at him. It was a look of pure disgust. 

"I'm not good enough? I didn't satisfy you?"

"No. You're amazing."

"I can't believe you did this to me."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry." She rolled her eyes and looked at him.

"You're just like every other man I've dated. A fucking cheater and a liar."

She stood up.

"It's over. I'll go get my stuff."

She walked away and Noel didn't know what to do or say. He sat there staring at the ring in front of him as Selena gathered up all of her belongings. She walked back into the kitchen with a bag of her stuff and looked at him. He looked back at her.

"I guess I've known the whole time that you still loved her. I tried to tell myself that it didn't matter and if I just waited long enough you would stop loving her and start loving me. I was an idiot." 

She wiped a tear from her cheek.

He hated to see her upset and hated the fact that he was the cause of her pain. 

"Goodbye Noel."

She turned and walked out the door. Noel sat there for a few minutes. He felt horrible, but relieved at the same time. Now he could start off fresh with Ashley.

He grabbed the ring and his car keys. He drove to Ashley's house and got there just as she pulled up.

He got out of the car and walked over to her car. She got Dylan out of her carseat and put her down. She saw Noel and ran over to him. He picked her up and gave her a kiss. Josh got out of the car and looked at Noel. Ashley walked over to them.

"Hey, what are you doing here?'

"Selena knows. We broke up."

"Knows what?" Josh asked confused.

Noel looked at him.

"That I love your mom and I want to be with her from now on."

He handed Dylan to Josh and turned to face Ashley.

"Ash. I've done alot of stupid things in my life, but letting you go was by far the stupidest."

She smiled and wiped her eyes.

He took a step closer to her and pulled the ring from his pocket.

"I think this belongs to you."

"You found it?" He put it on her finger then he kissed her. 

"I want you to wear this ring everyday so that you can look at it and remember how much I fuckin' love you."

"I love you too." Ashley smiled and they kissed again.

"Kiss!" Dylan squealed.

They all laughed then went inside. 

Noel and Ashley were never apart again and lived happily ever after with Josh and Dylan.

The End

The End

*Song inspirations