⚡35

"It's okay, you're going to be okay

"It's okay, you're going to be okay." He said soothingly, watching how the anxiety rose off her body. She swallowed her trembles and inched closer to him.

"I'm scared Jeno." Nari whispered, her voice shaky and unstable. Jeno pulled the girl closer and attempted to draw her attention away from the hisses of wind that was created by the various death eaters that surrounded them.
"MARK! NARI! WHERE ARE YOU?" the voice of Chenle's yells over the wind and darkness shouted out, desperate.

Chenle was joined by Renjun and Jisung, all three on edge to find them, hoping they were safe.
"

I knew we shouldn't have come here." Renjun muttered angrily, however before he could say anything else, the yelling of spells sent them all running towards that direction.
Nari and Jeno were shooting spells off left, right and centre to try fend off the death eaters. They were shortly joined by a disheveled Mark.
"Nari!" Jisung called out, thankful she was safe.

All 6 of them were gathered together, back to back in a circle. In harmony, they fought off the dark presences together. Not even a moment later, the dark clouds of smoke emitted and the death eaters teleported away. Renjun sighed in relief and engulfed Nari in a hug, but the moment was short lived as a frantic Jeno shouted out, eyes wide in the direction of his home that was destroyed and lit on fire.

"Mum!"

"It was so easy for them to get to you! You're bloody lucky you weren't killed!" Areum exclaimed, scanning through the newspaper

"It was so easy for them to get to you! You're bloody lucky you weren't killed!" Areum exclaimed, scanning through the newspaper. Nari was trailing behind them, exhausted from the events of yesterday, emotionally drained from the presence of the dark death eaters. Areum and Mark continued to bicker- well Areum was mostly scolding her boyfriend as he whined in retaliation.

Nari sighed and walked even slower, feeling the least energetic she's been. On her retreat to her common room, she was abruptly pulled to the side and around the darkly lit corner.
Her eyes screwed shut in reflex, flashbacks of yesterday trailed in her mind, her body tense in fear.

Jaemin's eyes fell over her scared features, his eyes swept over her eyes to her lips, his own forehead creased in confusion and protectiveness.
He lifted his hand slowly, weary of her state and gently pulled her into his comforting arms.

"It's just me." He whispered, raking a hand through her hair and she eased in his embrace. Her arms seeked itself around his back, head buried deeply in his chest. Her lip trembled as tears gathered and escaped her eyes.

Her chest rose expeditiously and her whimpers of cries were muffled by his warmth. Jaemin's heart broke at the sight and sound of Nari's cries.
"It's okay, I'm right here." He cooed slightly, rocking them to calm the girl down.

Her hands softly slid down his back and settled around his waist, causing a shiver to drown down his spine and goosebumps to rise.
Nari's cries had subsided and her head turned to the side, ear against his chest and his own arm's around her, rubbing circles into her upper back.

Nari calmed down to the sound of his heartbeats- faster than usual actually and Nari's lips pulled into a smile, feeling at ease with him there.
"Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly, not knowing what her breaking point was.
Nari nodded and removed herself slightly, not really wanting to.
She sniffled as they released the hug, his worried eyes scanning over her and dragging his thumb softly to catch the remaining tears lingering on her flushed cheek.
Jaemin's hand stayed on her cheek, eyes gazing into her own.

Nari's own heart beated erratically and the intensity of his eyes made her cast her gaze down.
"Nari." His breaths hit her face and she gulped before she courageously looked up at him, blinking away the traces of nervousness.
Nari wanted to reply but her voice wasn't cooperating with her, as she stood still.

"Nari," he began, his eyes flickering from her eyes to her lips.

"I like you too."

Nari's thoughts stopped, the functionality of her brain stopped, everything basically stopped.
Her sharp intake of breath made his eyes snap back to her eyes, not knowing if he had made a mistake or not. His brain automatically wired negatively and the doubts kicked in.

"You do?" Her soft, surprised voice tore Jaemin's darkness away from his heart.
He nodded in reply, biting his lip- nervous. A smile invaded her lips, an uncontrollable smile. Her eyes sparkled in joy and smile graced his own lips.

Jaemin inched closer to the girl, hands still placed on her cheeks and her hand lingered on his upper arm, close to the bend that connected his lower arm.

"...can I kiss you?"

His voice was airy but thick with emotion at the same time. Nari's heart basically stopped but her instant reaction was to nod, anticipation rose and her heart went into overdrive.
Her eyelashes fluttered shut in response of his face inching closer to hers.

Finally, his lips were delicately placed on hers- the rush of emotion spilling through the simple action- their hearts intertwining with harmony and love.

Too fast?

Too fast?

Or

We loving the pace?

Also does anyone make covers? I need a cover for this book