Chapter 6: I wanna hold your hand

Start from the beginning

I wanna hold your hand

So let me hold your hand

TJ pushed himself forward so that he was sitting so close that our knees were briefly touching. Yeah, this is real, I'm not imagining anything, this is 100% oh no I'm going to have a heart attack. His eyes lingered on my hand before reaching my eyes as if asking for permission. In return, I glanced down at his which was fairly close to my hand anyway, so close I could feel it. When my eyes made their way back to his he moved his hand slowly so his fingers were gently stroking the back of my hand. Sparks spread up my arm as I wanted him to just hold my hand already. My eyes watched his hand but as soon as I looked back to him he intertwined our hands.

I bit back a smile as I didn't want to look like an absolute goof. But that was pretty hard to do when your crush is holding your hand. As the song played on we stayed silent just listening to it as if it were our own words.

I wanna hold your hand

So let me hold your hand

With his free hand, TJ reached for the Polaroid camera on the bedside table and took a picture of our interlocked hands. He balanced the camera on his leg when the photo came out so he didn't have to let go. After putting the camera back he shook the photo so it would develop and taking his back pen he wrote onto it what I thought was our best caption yet.

I wanna hold your hand
May 18th 2019

Putting the pen back onto the table, he smiled down at the little Polaroid of us holding hands. It was so perfect, me holding TJ's hand in my pastel pink sleeve with my rainbow bracelet visible. I love it so much. He put it where the camera and pen also rested. The room was filled with silence as I just focused on the feeling of holding hands with him. I've never felt anything like this. I hope I feel it again.

Finally, TJ spoke, 'Did you bring your pyjamas this time?'

I rolled my eyes fondly, 'Yes, yes I did,' 

He pouted slightly, 'That's too bad...I thought you looked cute in my hoodie,'

I thought my heart was going to actually come out of my chest. I'd only just adjusted to holding his hand and now he has to go and make me all flustered again?! Ugh. I knew my face was bright red as I just focused my eyes on the record player, 'Y-You going to play another song?'

He smirked, clearly glad he'd caused me to react like this. Stupid hot boy. TJ let go of my hand so he could do as I requested and change the record. Of course, it was another old record but trust me, he does have recent ones too. After sitting back across from me he said, 'Do you wanna wait till tomorrow to finish the project or you wanna start now?'

My indecisive brain battled with a definitive answer, 'Were you planning on taking more photos before tomorrow?'

TJ cracked a smile, 'I mean, I would take one of you but I'm not sure you'd appreciate your bright red face being presented to the entire class,'

This only made me go even more crimson as I internally cringed at my entire life.

He chuckled, going to get the box from the drawer of his desk and the cardboard we'd stuck most of our pictures on. It was mostly covered and actually in chronological order. The cardboard had been covered in black paper so it didn't have the amazon logo on it and our little Polaroid's looked amazing, curtesy Of TJ. He brought over two glue sticks and handed one to me after laying out the project in between us.