3

"Come on take us please?!" The twins stood in front of me as they did puppy eyes.

"Why me? And did you guys ask mom and dad?"

They both looked at each other, smiled, and then back at me.

"Yes we did. And they said yes."

"Wait what? Where are you two going?"

"To a friends party and then to the park if we feel like it."

I heard the door open and Ricardo walked in and laid down on another couch.

"I'm finally done cutting the yard." He said. "What's new it's you guys?"

"The twins was me to take them to one of their friends party and then maybe the park if they want to go."

"Wait mom and dad let them go?" He sat straight up.

"Yup!" Santi said.

"I'll be back." Ricardo said as he walked towards the kitchen.

I sat still looking at the twins. Not even a minute later Ricardo came back.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm going to hang out with my friends. Mom and dad said I could. But I have to drop these two off first. See ya!" Ricardo said as he walked out the door and the twins ran after him.

Mom and dad actually saying we could go hang out with our friends? This has to be some sort of joke. I pulled out my phone texting my friends group chat. We all made plans to go out and I went to go ask my parents. I walked to the kitchen and saw both my parents sitting down at the dinning table drinking some coffee.

"Umm, mom and dad?"

They both turned to look at me with a smile and I sat down next to them. As I sat down was fidgeting with my fingers, and my heart was racing .

"Hey honey, what's up?" My mom asked.

"Well I was wondering if I can hang out with my friends?"

My parents looked at each other for a bit. My mom drank her coffee again as my dad looked at me.

"We're sorry sweetie, you can't go." He said.

"Oh, okay, it's fine."

I sat up and pushed in the chair carefully. I walked out of the kitchen and went to my room. I closed my bedroom door and sighed. When I checked the group chat everyone was so excited to go. But of course I couldn't go, again. I already knew what they were going to say, oh maybe next time. But there will never be a next time. I put my phone down and laid down on my bed. My phone started to vibrate, I checked and it was a phone call from Olivia.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bibi, where are you we are all here?"

"Oh, well you see, I won't be able to go."

"Really?"

"Yeah sorry. Hope you guys have fun."

I hung up before she can say, oh well it's fine maybe next time. I plugged in my phone and walked to the living room. When I walked into the living room I saw my parents and Oscar.

"Hey Bibi, all three of us are going to go look for a few materials. Stay and watch the house while we're gone would you?" Oscar asked.

I stood there and opened my mouth to try and say something, but wasn't able to get a word out.

"Cool thanks see you in a bit!"

With that everyone was out of the house doing something. I was left alone in the middle of nowhere. I turned on the television and lowered the volume to be able to hear what's going on outside as well. I went to my room and grabbed my phone just in case.

Of course I was bored alone again. I would take a nap, but I can't. I let out a sigh and waited for everyone to come back. When I checked my phone an hour had gone by and not a single notification on my phone. I laid on the couch and closed my eyes to try and take a nap. But of course the one time I want to take a nap I can't.

I just kept my eyes shut and tried to relax. When not even a minute later my dogs began to bark. I peeled out the window through the curtain and saw two people walking around. It's weird seeing people walk around in the middle of nowhere, especially since this is private property. I walked outside and they still didn't notice me.

I saw them head through the fields and I felt off. These could be ghosts, but I still need to make sure. My dogs ran to me and I hushed at them to be quite. I put on a pair of shoes and followed where they went. When I caught up to them they were both looking off into the distance. I quietly walked behind them to see what they were looking at.

"What are we looking at?" I asked.

"Shh, you could get us caught." One of the people said.

"Right, got it, sorry." I replied.

We continued looking off into the distance. They were both crouching, so this made me suspicious.

"So, y'all running from the cops or something?" I asked.

"For Pete's sake be quite." The other person said.

"Dang y'all some rude people."

They both turned to look at each other. They squinted at one another. For some reason they looked mad.

"Why can't you shut up? You know what we're here for." The guy on the right said.

"You're one to talk. Why the heck did you think we we're running away from the cops? And why did you call me rude?" The guy on the left said.

"Dang y'all dumb." I said.

They kept looking at each other. It took them a minute to process everything and screamed when they looked at me. I took a small bow.

"Yes, I am ugly, thank y'all for confirming."

I stood up straight and they did as well. But when they stood up, they were almost as tall as tree man. Am I really going to have this? What are they doing here? Should I run back to my house?