Chapter Eleven: The Beginning of The War

DRACO'S POV

ALL STUDENTS REPORT TO THE GREAT HALL AT ONCE

ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR THEIR UNIFORMS

I looked at Blaise confused,

"Why do you think Snape wants us at the Great Hall? It's an hour after curfew" he just shrugs and gets up; changing back into his uniform. Why did we need to be in our uniforms? Beats me, I guess we'll figure out soon. Once we were dressed we left our dorm and met up with Parkinson, Nott, Crabbe and Goyle. Blaise wasn't really a fan of them which is why he's never seen hanging out with us but we had no other choice.

"Do you know why Snape wants us?" Crabbe and Goyle shrug but I can see Parkinson and Nott smirking.

"Apparently Potter and his friends were seen sneaking around Hogsmeade; so the school is on lock down; they think he might've gotten in" I nod, that made a lot more sense. Snape didn't want him back in the school; but if he does get in that means Voldmeort will strike. Could this be it? Is today the start of the war? For some reason that made my stomach drop; I don't know if I was ready to fight; are you ever ready?

We made it and the doors were already open; everyone was getting let inside. Once we were in we saw that all the tables were gone; I guess he wants us all to stand.

Sure enough he had us make four lines; each house in one. We were on the far left and looking over at the Gryfindors I couldn't see Potter in it anywhere; then again he could be hiding; maybe he hadn't made it to the school in time. I heard footsteps and looked over; seeing Snape get up from his seat and step forward. This year he's looks to be getting older; signs of stress. He had both of the Carrows on either side of him as they smirked; preferably at the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I called you all here" his voice droned throughout the room.

"It seems that Potter and his friends were seen at Hogsmeade a couple of days ago; and now we have just been told that he could be in this castle" whispers burst throughout the room but with one hand up the whispering stopped. He began walking down each isle; checking every couple people and questioning them.

"If any of you know his whereabouts; but refuse to tell us will be severely punished" I gulped; I really hoped no one knew here he was. Soon he was walking back up and went to sit back where his seat was; but someone stepped out from the Gryfindor line and I almost gasped; it was Potter. Everyone was whispering now as Snape turned around and glared at him; the Carrow's having their wands drawn at him.

"How dare you stand where he stood!" Harry lifted up his wand as Snape did the same; but being interrupted by the doors being flung open. In walked Mr and Mrs. Weasley, the twins, Kingsley, Mr. Lupin, and a couple of others that I didn't recognize.

"This ends here Snape" Kingsley said; pointing his wand at him.

"Did you tell everyone what you did?" everyone was staring at Snape now as Potter yelled at him; everyone was confused.

"How do you feel knowing that you looked the man who trusted you in the eye and killed him!" my eyes widened; I didn't realize he was going to bring this up. And judging by the looks on people's faces they didn't look happy. Nott leaned over to me while smirking,

"The dumb oaf deserved it" I shook my head and looked away; no one deserves to die under the killings curse; it was horrible for me to watch. I still have nightmares about it. Potter turned to us while still pointing his wand at Snape,

"He's a murderer! He killed Dumbledore!" with this Snape muttered a spell towards Potter who wasn't paying attention but before it could reach him McGonagall stepped up and blocked it. Everyone including Potter moved out of the way as the duel continued; everyone knew not to intervene.